Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 03-19-2010, 01:58 AM
atomdanger

Default 10 sorriest excuses in MMA history

Quote:
http://www.cagepotato.com/excuses-bg

9. Quinton Jackson was poisoned by the Japanese
I remember my stomach feeling like I swallowed a brick. I still, to this day, think that somebody poisoned my room service or something like that."

4. Quinton Jackson hadn't eaten in three days
"After reading on the Internet that fasting would keep the devil away, Jackson abstained from food for three days, ingesting only water and keeping details of his diet secretive. What Jackson didn't realize was his fast had depleted his body and virtually killed any chance of defeating Silva."
I only posted the two with rampage, but some good ones.
I would have also had the Rampage (from the other Wandy fight) excuse saying he had a cold + wandy was friends with the referee.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:32 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
I only posted the two with rampage, but some good ones.
I would have also had the Rampage (from the other Wandy fight) excuse saying he had a cold + wandy was friends with the referee.
I was expecting to open this thread and see this...

Old 03-19-2010, 02:57 AM
Hughes fanboy

@ above post!

WAR CHUCK ! ! !

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 03-19-2010, 03:25 AM
Maldonado136

I hope you dont mean the gray fight. gray didnt do any damage at all!
Old 03-19-2010, 03:29 AM
Maldonado136

remember when jamie came to fight and ben came to grapple? what about the time when david terrell knocked matt lindland out cold and lindland said when he woke up "well i guess the ref felt like he needed to stop it". what about a certain fighter accusing another certain fighter of cheating and being on steroids? because that wasnt sour grapes or anything. or anything with tito?

EDIT: just looked at the article and the last two that I mentioned are in it! sweet!
Old 03-19-2010, 11:08 AM
wavetar

Great list. My two faves:

Tito's 'cracked skull' excuse after the Griffin fight:

Why its plausible: He did have a really bad black eye before the fight, and his head has its own gravitational pull, so objects are very likely to collide with it.

BJ Penn's multiple excuses after the GSP fight:

And for good measure, he also said it was "just [his] opinion" that GSP uses steroids, though he acknowledged that he had no proof of this. Basically, GSP used every foreign substance except for Mr. Fuji's blinding salt in the eyes to win this fight illegally.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:25 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

The honourable Mentions made me laugh the most...particularly Nick Diaz missing weight because he accidently ingested salt water when swimming...and Rich Clementi claiming he didnt know that High Altitude would effect athletic performance
Old 03-20-2010, 04:13 PM
wpnsman2000

Default Darn

Not trying to be rude but there are a few haters on this forum. Though some of the fighters on the list may not have the best character or couth, they still are pretty good at what they do. I mean you have some real winners in the construction industry but it doesn't take away from the fact that they can get the job done. I understand that some of the people listed beat Vandy...yes he "was" a good fighter and still is a nice guy. Surprised that Couture isn't on the list being he has a long list of infidelity. Just my .02!
Old 03-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpnsman2000 View Post
Not trying to be rude but there are a few haters on this forum. Though some of the fighters on the list may not have the best character or couth, they still are pretty good at what they do. I mean you have some real winners in the construction industry but it doesn't take away from the fact that they can get the job done. I understand that some of the people listed beat Vandy...yes he "was" a good fighter and still is a nice guy. Surprised that Couture isn't on the list being he has a long list of infidelity. Just my .02!
what has that got to do with excuses for failing

I dont think there are haters on this forum...not really...not compared to the trolls everywhere else
Old 03-20-2010, 05:38 PM
wpnsman2000

Default Well

I suppose we all are failures in some sense...I for one am not perfect by any means. I suppose the list could hold everyone in MMA and not just a select few.
Trolls on the other hand are an epic fail to every forum in the cyber-world.