Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 03-19-2010, 02:34 AM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
How about a compromise? 2-seater sport car convertible?

You still get the wind in your hair and it's a little safer. At least you can stop without falling over.
I have a good friend back in WA that did that. He was getting a little too old to ride so he sold his HD and bought a Miata. He loved it.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-19-2010, 02:35 AM
Play The Man's Avatar
Play The Man Play The Man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Who you calling OLDER??????????

Please notice that I said, "older" . . . not "old".
__________________
"Be of good comfort, Master Ridley, and play the man! We shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out."
--Hugh Latimer, October 16, 1555
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-19-2010, 02:47 AM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
What DOES it take to be a "good" biker? And a good biker chick?
Black leather
Get really drunk
Snort some meth
Get into a bar fight
Don't forget your weapon
Harley crap everywhere (including inside your house)
Learn how to be the most annoying person in the world (those damn things are loud)
Crave attention by revving your engine so everybody will look at you
Be a poser

This might give you some more ideas:
http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/251889
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-19-2010, 03:03 AM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Black leather
Get really drunk
Snort some meth
Get into a bar fight
Don't forget your weapon
Harley crap everywhere (including inside your house)
Learn how to be the most annoying person in the world (those damn things are loud)
Crave attention by revving your engine so everybody will look at you
Be a poser

This might give you some more ideas:
http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/251889
Wow. Stereotype much???
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-19-2010, 12:08 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Black leather
Get really drunk
Snort some meth
Get into a bar fight
Don't forget your weapon
Harley crap everywhere (including inside your house)
Learn how to be the most annoying person in the world (those damn things are loud)
Crave attention by revving your engine so everybody will look at you
Be a poser

This might give you some more ideas:
http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/251889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Wow. Stereotype much???
Well, everything except what's highlighted in bold.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 03-19-2010, 12:37 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
your Mother says you shouldn't ?......you crack me up sometimes Dave.
Mother is exceedingly Wise Brad....I might be quite intelligent...but intelligence and Wisdom are not the same thing
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-19-2010, 02:55 PM
philips4
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hey I'm a biker chick, I love my bike! I didn't get it until my 30's and still did the 130 mph down the fwy, not so smart there. Well I don't ride it much in traffic, mostly because its too cold but you can't beat a nice ride along the ocean in the summer!!! They are amazing! I ride a dirt bike too, my entire family does! Its a great family outing on weekends! My husband did crash (in the desert) and break his neck and back in two places, however, he was back on that thing as soon as he could be....its addictive. As long as its not your main mode of transportation they are FUN! Life is too short to worry about everything, just be safe, have some faith and then have some fun!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-19-2010, 02:56 PM
DonnaMaria
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
How about a compromise? 2-seater sport car convertible?

You still get the wind in your hair and it's a little safer. At least you can stop without falling over.
That's an idea........but I won't have the money for that for a while......I have the money for a bike now........

There IS a skydiving place right by my house......

And I wouldn't even need a lesson! It's the kind of place where they just "stick" you onto someone who CAN skydive! And you hope for the best!

Although.......my insurance policy actually HAS a skydiving clause in it!

*sigh* this is complicated..........
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 03-19-2010, 02:57 PM
DonnaMaria
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by philips4 View Post
Hey I'm a biker chick, I love my bike! I didn't get it until my 30's and still did the 130 mph down the fwy, not so smart there. Well I don't ride it much in traffic, mostly because its too cold but you can't beat a nice ride along the ocean in the summer!!! They are amazing! I ride a dirt bike too, my entire family does! Its a great family outing on weekends! My husband did crash (in the desert) and break his neck and back in two places, however, he was back on that thing as soon as he could be....its addictive. As long as its not your main mode of transportation they are FUN! Life is too short to worry about everything, just be safe, have some faith and then have some fun!!!!

wow!

now..........I can't make up my mind again!
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 03-19-2010, 03:00 PM
philips4
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
wow!

now..........I can't make up my mind again!

Never know until you try it! Oh, my mother hates it too, but a girls gotta live!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.