Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-18-2010, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

Ahhh, the joys of audits. I get to go through at least one inspection every 3-4 months. It's horrid. I have so many agencies that oversee my clinic that it's hard to keep the inspections straight. The infection control one is the hardest because any tiny little thing and they can shut our doors. It's absolutely necessary but it keeps me from working with my patients the entire week they come because I'm busy trying to make sure every detail is seen to and that the staff knows the answers to the questions they'll be asked.

~Amy
Old 03-20-2010, 01:48 AM
Oddtodd76

Well, I made it through the audit. All the training that i have had, they tell me no matter how hard i work...the auditors will always find something.

They were with me all week. looked at everything...and they found NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!

WOO!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!:franti cs:

I am gonna have a big head at work next week!
Old 03-20-2010, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddtodd76 View Post
Well, I made it through the audit. All the training that i have had, they tell me no matter how hard i work...the auditors will always find something.

They were with me all week. looked at everything...and they found NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!

WOO!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!:franti cs:

I am gonna have a big head at work next week!
WTG!!!! That's awesome, dude.

~Amy
Old 03-21-2010, 10:28 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
I am in the environmental field at ADM here in Decatur. I take care of two different facilities.
And internal audit has given me the pleasure of auditing me this week!
I tell you what...having 4 guys follow you around all day for a week, taking all of your paperwork, questioning every move you make, etc...freaking SUX!!!!!!!!!!
I can't do anything this week. I only answer their questions, fetch them paperwork, or spreadsheets, etc. And i get to smile and take it the whole time.
I told my boss that i am getting drunk on Friday night!
its that time of year...we'll have TS soon...we got Stock Take next week
Old 03-21-2010, 03:41 PM
Oddtodd76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
its that time of year...we'll have TS soon...we got Stock Take next week
What is stock take?
Old 03-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
What is stock take?
We have a computer that tells us where we should be.

Each year we have a group of people that count, by hand every single thing in the store to make sure what the computer says we have, is really there.

If it isnt...the result of the count is fed in and over-rides the computer analysis. If the Count comes in less then the computer...we have an issue because it means stock has somehow dissapeared...that loss not only needs to be accounted for...something that if really bad warrents an investigation by Corperate Security...but also means that that loss is directly reclaimed from our yearly bonus...at the end of the day the company wont lose the money...but its workers will.

If its over...there is great rejoycing...for it means somehow the computer hasnt listed everything and we have more then we though.

In truth the two numbers should be identical.

What you have to understand is, Wal-Mart is one of the largest retailers on the planet...as such it has its own economy the size of a reasonable country. This effectively means its Directors are shifting goods and money on the same level as a small government...Corperate Security is then no joke...to be investigated by Corperate Security is like you getting investigated by the FBI

its unpleasent...they are BIG AMERICAN DUDES and they have NO sense of Humour neither

I'm working Monday so I dont have to work the day of the count...course it wont be till later that the result comes in...