Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 03-16-2010, 09:21 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Smile Israel only has ELEVEN TRIBES, and THIRTEEN CLANS

Tribe = Decscended from same Father
Clan = Sons of Sons.

Contrary to Popular Belief, Jacob did not have Twelve Sons, He had Eleven. So how have we ended up with Twelve Tribes exactly.

I pondered this thought when I first looked at a map of Ancient Israel which actually depicted the Tribes portions of Land. I discovered Several were missing. Firstly, there were twelve portions of land...but Levi was missing. I discovered that there were two pieces of land, one in the very North of Israel and one in the South, which had been given to Dan...why he got two separate pieces of land I dont know. Anyway...the Son called Levi was missing...Thats alright, I discovered the Levi didnt have any land of his own because his whole Tribe were born into the Priesthood, ergo they were in all the other brothers land.

So then I discovered two Extra names, and one further absentee. Try explaining to someone who Manassah and Ephriam are...because they are NOT the children of Israel...they are infact GrandChildren of Israel, and their Father, who is possibly the best known of Jacobs sons...doesnt actually have a piece of land at all.

Manassah and Ephriam are the Children of Joseph...NOT the children of Jacob...Somehow Joseph has mutated into two separate linages both given his worth.

I discovered this was at his behest when he asked his Father to adopt his Grandchildren. The biggest portion of land goes to Manassah, ironically Joseph thus has two plots of lands, Two tribes to his name (where all the rest have one tribe to their name and one plot of land, except for Dan who has two...but they are minute, and Levi...who has none, or all, depending on how you look at it.)

Here is something else...the Twelve Tribes never actually moved to Egypt during Josephs time. They moved to an Egyptian owned province called Ghosan...but Joseph stopped them from living IN Egypt because they were Shepherds and the Egyptians find Shepheards offensive...this might explain why they were later sucked into Egypt itself as slaves after a Regieme change

Finally...the tribe with the smallest area of land...got the Capitol. Benjamin owns the land Jerusalem is built on.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:16 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Contrary to Popular Belief, Jacob did not have Twelve Sons,
Genesis 35: 22b-26
Quote:
22b Jacob had twelve sons:

23 The sons of Leah:
Reuben the firstborn of Jacob,
Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar and Zebulun.

24 The sons of Rachel:
Joseph and Benjamin.

25 The sons of Rachel's maidservant Bilhah:
Dan and Naphtali.

26 The sons of Leah's maidservant Zilpah:
Gad and Asher.
These were the sons of Jacob, who were born to him in Paddan Aram.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:04 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Genesis 35: 22b-26
Explain this then

Coz I dont understand.

Twelve Sons

Reuban
Simeon
Levi
Judah
Issachar
Zebulun
Joseph
Benjamin
Dan
Naphtali
Gad
Asher

Twelve Tribes given land

Reuban
Simeon
Judah
Issachar
Zebulun
Benjamin
Dan
Naphtali
Gad
Asher
Manassah
Ephraim

So which list is correct

Are we actually saying there are fourteen Tribes

...and WHY does Dan has TWO pieces of Land?????

I'm confused

oh....notice something with this map...according to this Biblical Model...Palastine DOES exist....Its called Philistia...check out Gaza...which Israel claims is her land...its NOT
Old 03-17-2010, 02:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
oh....notice something with this map...according to this Biblical Model...Palastine DOES exist....Its called Philistia...check out Gaza...which Israel claims is her land...its NOT
Well, first, someone needs to teach you how to optimize images for the internet.

Secondly, cite your source. Where did that map come from?

I would prefer to choose GOD's description of the Holy Land, which includes the Gaza strip, rather than some map from an unknown source.

Even then, that map only describes Israel from the period of time covered the books of Joshua and Judges. It doesn't lay out the land that Israel owned during the reign of King Saul, King David, or King Solomon, among others.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:05 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

I dont know why I bother talking to you sometimes