Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-17-2010, 11:22 AM
cubsfan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I hope for world peace.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:29 PM

I love the post about the hype guy behind Toney lol

"No, instead I think we should talk about the guy in the glasses standing just behind Toney. That guy, ladies and gentleman, is what a real hype-man looks like.

Notice how he doesn’t draw too much attention to himself, but knows just when to say important things such as, “that’s right,” and “look out!” and “coming at ya!” The man’s timing is impeccable. The way he nods and smiles, pointing at the person we’re supposed to be paying attention to, that’s how you know that he was born to play this role, or at the very least has watched a lot of pro wrestling over the course of his life.

That guy could rent himself out as a professional hype-man for special occasions. Say you have a big job interview that you need to ace. Think about how much better your chances would be if you had that guy standing behind you, pointing at you and saying, “that’s right!” after you mention that you graduated with honors. Suddenly you go from being just another jerk off the street to being a force to be reckoned with. Look out, indeed."
Old 03-17-2010, 10:39 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post

"No, instead I think we should talk about the guy in the glasses standing just behind Toney. That guy, ladies and gentleman, is what a real hype-man looks like.

Notice how he doesn’t draw too much attention to himself, but knows just when to say important things such as, “that’s right,” and “look out!” and “coming at ya!” The man’s timing is impeccable. The way he nods and smiles, pointing at the person we’re supposed to be paying attention to, that’s how you know that he was born to play this role, or at the very least has watched a lot of pro wrestling over the course of his life.

That guy could rent himself out as a professional hype-man for special occasions. Say you have a big job interview that you need to ace. Think about how much better your chances would be if you had that guy standing behind you, pointing at you and saying, “that’s right!” after you mention that you graduated with honors. Suddenly you go from being just another jerk off the street to being a force to be reckoned with. Look out, indeed."
LOL
Old 03-18-2010, 06:33 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

If Toney gets some decent TD he might have a chance against Kimbo! I like his chances against Kimbo better than I do his chances against Randy Couture!
Old 03-18-2010, 06:56 PM
sender

JAMES liffts oufff TONY ifff in da houfff and heffff nefffer gona disaffoint. Heff da ultimate fightah
Old 03-18-2010, 06:58 PM
sender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post

hahaha im seriously bringing a "Hype Man" to every interview and event I go to from now on!! hahaha
Old 03-18-2010, 07:48 PM
Liddellfan

He should be called James "MUSH MOUTH" Toney. I don't know about anyone else but I could not understand anything he said......If/When he gets in there with a true mixed martial artist, he's going to be in trouble.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:31 PM
wavetar

Lol, reminds me of this classic Billy Crystal stand-up, imitating Hagler, Hearns, Ali & Holmes...Holmes is especially Toney-like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbqSoRaNicw