Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-15-2010, 11:47 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,912
Smile UFC on Versus Predictions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puPCne3klUY

I think these are REALLY hard to call...and I've had to make diffcult choices against some people I'd like to win. I've gone for Eric Schafer, Jon Jones, Vladamir Matyushenko, John Howard.

What about you
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-15-2010, 11:58 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

MAIN CARD

* Jon Jones vs. Brandon Vera
I just don't like Jones, he seems to be on a roll, but I don't like him,
So I am pulling for Vera.

* Junior Dos Santos vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
GG Should be able to man handle JDS, I don't get the hype,
other than a lucky flash KO of Werdum I haven't been impressed with JDS.

* Paul Buentello vs. Cheick Kongo
Kongo is better everwhere IMO.
* James Irvin vs. Alessio Sakara
2 years off, never been to MW, injuries and drug addiction,
that is a lot of problems stacked against Irvin.


PRELIMINARY CARD

* Shannon Gugerty vs.Clay Guida
* Eliot Marshall vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
* Darren Elkins vs. Duane "Bang" Ludwig
* John Howard vs. Daniel Roberts
* Chase Gormley vs. Brendan Schaub
* Julio Paulino vs. Mike Pierce
* Jason Brilz vs. Eric Schafer
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-16-2010, 12:03 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
MAIN CARD

* Jon Jones vs. Brandon Vera
I just don't like Jones, he seems to be on a roll, but I don't like him,
So I am pulling for Vera.

* Junior Dos Santos vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
GG Should be able to man handle JDS, I don't get the hype,
other than a lucky flash KO of Werdum I haven't been impressed with JDS.

* Paul Buentello vs. Cheick Kongo
Kongo is better everwhere IMO.
* James Irvin vs. Alessio Sakara
2 years off, never been to MW, injuries and drug addiction,
that is a lot of problems stacked against Irvin.


PRELIMINARY CARD

* Shannon Gugerty vs.Clay Guida
* Eliot Marshall vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
* Darren Elkins vs. Duane "Bang" Ludwig
* John Howard vs. Daniel Roberts
* Chase Gormley vs. Brendan Schaub
* Julio Paulino vs. Mike Pierce
* Jason Brilz vs. Eric Schafer
I think we're mainly the same except for Junior Dos Antos and Jon Jones...I want Vera to win...but I dont know that he will.

Tell me..did you find them easy to call....and WHY do you think they put Eliot Marshall against Vladimir Matyushenko...and how come they swapped Duane Ludwig...a few days ago I could have sworne he was on the UFN card...now suddenly...its Versus...I copied the list from the UFC website made my video...and they jump cards
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-16-2010, 01:40 AM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

MAIN CARD

* Jon Jones vs. Brandon Vera - JBJ gonna look like the vet in this
* Junior Dos Santos vs. Gabriel Gonzaga - JDS the real deal
* Paul Buentello vs. Cheick Kongo - Chech doesn't have to worry about the takedown
* James Irvin vs. Alessio Sakara - Don't really care who wins, but the Sandman really needs it.
PRELIMINARY CARD

* Shannon Gugerty vs.Clay Guida
* Eliot Marshall vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
* Darren Elkins vs. Duane "Bang" Ludwig
* John Howard vs. Daniel Roberts
* Chase Gormley vs. Brendan Schaub
* Julio Paulino vs. Mike Pierce
* Jason Brilz vs. Eric Schafer
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-16-2010, 01:48 AM
Jason 16
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

whats with no one picking brill that guy is a beast.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-16-2010, 02:04 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I think we're mainly the same except for Junior Dos Antos and Jon Jones...I want Vera to win...but I dont know that he will.

Tell me..did you find them easy to call....and WHY do you think they put Eliot Marshall against Vladimir Matyushenko...and how come they swapped Duane Ludwig...a few days ago I could have sworne he was on the UFN card...now suddenly...its Versus...I copied the list from the UFC website made my video...and they jump cards
Oh I don't think he will win either, but I refuse to pick Jones lol.

They were actually pretty tough to pick for me,
I think Duane is outmatched, he is 1 - 2 in his last 3,
and his one win was to a guy who was coming off 5 losses in a row.
So..... (not sure why they moved him either).

Vladdy and Elliot are both coming off a few wins each,
Lower level 205 guys so I guess it makes sense as a matchup to see who moves up a little more?
Should make for a good fight.

What do you see that made you pick JDS?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-16-2010, 02:06 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16 View Post
whats with no one picking brill that guy is a beast.
He lost to Elliot Marshall, *shrug* I didn't look too much into that one,
I think Red has the edge.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-16-2010, 03:04 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

MAIN CARD

* Jon Jones vs. Brandon Vera
* Junior Dos Santos vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
* Paul Buentello vs. Cheick Kongo
* James Irvin vs. Alessio Sakara

PRELIMINARY CARD

* Shannon Gugerty vs.Clay Guida
* Eliot Marshall vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
* Darren Elkins vs. Duane "Bang" Ludwig
* John Howard vs. Daniel Roberts
* Chase Gormley vs. Brendan Schaub
* Julio Paulino vs. Mike Pierce
* Jason Brilz vs. Eric Schafere.
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-16-2010, 12:59 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Oh I don't think he will win either, but I refuse to pick Jones lol.

They were actually pretty tough to pick for me,
I think Duane is outmatched, he is 1 - 2 in his last 3,
and his one win was to a guy who was coming off 5 losses in a row.
So..... (not sure why they moved him either).

Vladdy and Elliot are both coming off a few wins each,
Lower level 205 guys so I guess it makes sense as a matchup to see who moves up a little more?
Should make for a good fight.

What do you see that made you pick JDS?
I thinkg Gonzaga is over rated as a name...Its been a while since Crocop hasnt it
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-16-2010, 05:44 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I thinkg Gonzaga is over rated as a name...Its been a while since Crocop hasnt it
Oh I think he is a little over rated also,
I just think he has put on better performances than JDS,
and I think his clinch/ground is going to be twice as good.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.