Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 03-12-2010, 03:41 PM
Stump Rules!

Default WEC GM doesn't want Pulver to fight again

World Extreme Cagefighting general manager Reed Harris appreciates everything Jens Pulver has done for his company and the sport of mixed martial arts, but he doesn’t want to see the 35-year-old featherweight fight again.

Harris would rather find other avenues for Pulver to work with the WEC.

“I don’t think I really want to see him fight again, so I think I would prefer to look at other options,” Harris told MMAWeekly.com content partner TapouT Radio.

“Certainly we love Jens, and Jens had asked some time ago about possibly coming in and working with us and doing some different things. And we’re open to all of that, but I haven’t actually had the discussion with Jens, and I’m hoping to do that probably in the next week or so,” explained the general manager.

Pulver has lost five fights in a row, and seven of his last eight, but he’s a fan favorite and offers more than just fighting. He’s commentated for the UFC and WEC, and it seems likely that will be his future role within the promotion.

“We’ve had a couple of meetings internally where we’ve discussed different things, and one of the things that came up was that a lot of people really liked him in the booth,” said Harris. “They liked his commentary, and he’s a great ambassador as well to the sport. I don’t have any problem having him involved.

“Certainly with the WEC, he’s a pioneer in the sport. Probably one of the nicest guys I’ve ever met, and he’s genuine. He’s easy to work with, which is so important. He gets it. If Jens Pulver is supposed to be somewhere at 10 o’clock, he’s there, and a lot of times when guys get as famous as him they don’t do that stuff. They become just a little more difficult, and with Jens, he’s just been the same ever since I met him. He‘s a great guy and I‘m hoping we can talk to him and get him involved.”

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...0939&zoneid=13

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 03-12-2010, 04:07 PM

I've heard him commentating and like him. I hope it all works out for him. He seems like a nice guy.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:24 PM
billwilliams70

How does someone with a nickname like Lil' Evil seem like a nice guy?

He can't win anymore, he should be gone.

Later.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post

Later.
So you don't think he should commentate for them?

Whenever I've heard him talk he's respectful, polite....nice. I don't know how he came to pick the fight name Lil' Evil, do you?
Old 03-12-2010, 06:52 PM
rearnakedchoke

I want to see Pulver vs. Carano ..
Old 03-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
I want to see Pulver vs. Carano ..
I doubt she'd make weight.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post

Later.
Do some research and find out how he got the nickname in the first place, and it becomes blindingly obvious

Just because someone doesnt win, doesnt mean they should be "gone" have you ever heard him commentate??
Old 03-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
So you don't think he should commentate for them?

Whenever I've heard him talk he's respectful, polite....nice. I don't know how he came to pick the fight name Lil' Evil, do you?
Yes...Yes I know EXACTLY how he got the name
Old 03-12-2010, 07:52 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Yes...Yes I know EXACTLY how he got the name
Well why don't you enlighten us?

Old 03-12-2010, 08:25 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Do some research and find out how he got the nickname in the first place, and it becomes blindingly obvious

Just because someone doesnt win, doesnt mean they should be "gone" have you ever heard him commentate??
It doesn't matter how he got his nickname. I'm not concerned with that.....really. Here's what I found out though: "Jens Pulver once wrote an autobiography detailing the daily hell that he had to live through as a child with an abusive father. Jens Pulver got his nickname, "Little Evil" from the book." But, that doesn't really explain much.

I said it to get your goat buddy.....everyone here likes certain fighters and I don't think it's fair to consistently bash certain fighters.......everyone's got a story. Everyone's got a reason for the things that they do, the way that they act. Everything from Jens' nickname to the way BJ Penn licks the blood of his opponents after a victory.

I liked Pulver as a fighter, I wish he had more success as of late, but it seems that he's not on top of his game any longer.....he's had one win since his return to the UFC in '06 and that win wasn't even in the UFC because he wasn't there long. One of those losses came against the blood licking Penn......I do think that Pulver should commentate, he does very well at it.

Later.

Last edited by billwilliams70; 03-12-2010 at 08:42 PM.