Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 02-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ2be
I guess tap dancing could be dangerous, you could sprain your ankle or something,lol maybe thats how Thiago Alves really hurt his ankle before the Matt fight,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytcZIfvSWW4
Old 02-20-2009, 08:51 PM
Champ2be

Oh yea I forgot about riverdancing. Thats not tap dancing thats pure adrenaline hooked to your feet
Old 02-20-2009, 08:55 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ2be
Oh yea I forgot about riverdancing. Thats not tap dancing thats pure adrenaline hooked to your feet
They should have used riverdancing for this commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tASG5MUyVKM
Old 02-20-2009, 09:06 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
I don't care what the other guy said. If your a professional fighter you shouldnt be hitting someone like that just because they told you to.

Tap dancing
For a pro fighter this is really a no win situation. Go to easy and risk the noob getting a lucky shot... go hard and you're a bully.

Take our boy Spirit.. I"m guessing he's the most skilled, decorated martial artist on this site. If I go to his school and he agree to spar with me how is he going to approach it? Go easy on me and risk me getting a lucky punch? Go hard at it and look like a bully?? My guess is he'll do exactly what Carlos did... match his power/intensity to mine. If I'm just flicking shots out there he'll do the same...

If I start really swinging then he do the same....

The guy went hard (I respect that) and got dropped... it's all good.

Quit being such a girl.... and go make me a samich!!
Old 02-20-2009, 09:14 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
For a pro fighter this is really a no win situation. Go to easy and risk the noob getting a lucky shot... go hard and you're a bully.

Take our boy Spirit.. I"m guessing he's the most skilled, decorated martial artist on this site. If I go to his school and he agree to spar with me how is he going to approach it? Go easy on me and risk me getting a lucky punch? Go hard at it and look like a bully?? My guess is he'll do exactly what Carlos did... match his power/intensity to mine. If I'm just flicking shots out there he'll do the same...

If I start really swinging then he do the same....

The guy went hard (I respect that) and got dropped... it's all good.

Quit being such a girl.... and go make me a samich!!
QFT.

WAR SAMMICH!
Old 02-21-2009, 03:47 AM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
I don't care what the other guy said. If your a professional fighter you shouldnt be hitting someone like that just because they told you to.

Tap dancing
Just so everyone is aware of the situation.

That video was shot on the SPECIAL OPERATIONS compound here at Bagram Airfield. With that said, not everyone on the compound is a SPECIAL OPERATIONS caliber Soldier, but they work with them on a daily basis. The ring that's there was not constructed for the visit, it's there permanently, because that's a level of training that the SPECIAL OPERATIONS Soldiers do on a daily basis. Carlos Condit is a professional fighter, and I would say that there's at least an 85% chance that the guy he KO'd in the video is a professional at what he does, he knew the risk, got KO'd, and didn't get seriously hurt.

He's in Afghanistan for cryin' out loud, goin' out on missions that nobody knows about (stuff that Carlos Condit would NEVER do, but I still give him mad props for comin' out here that close to a fight) and isn't reported on the news day in and day out.

Later.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:22 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70
Just so everyone is aware of the situation.

That video was shot on the SPECIAL OPERATIONS compound here at Bagram Airfield. With that said, not everyone on the compound is a SPECIAL OPERATIONS caliber Soldier, but they work with them on a daily basis. The ring that's there was not constructed for the visit, it's there permanently, because that's a level of training that the SPECIAL OPERATIONS Soldiers do on a daily basis. Carlos Condit is a professional fighter, and I would say that there's at least an 85% chance that the guy he KO'd in the video is a professional at what he does, he knew the risk, got KO'd, and didn't get seriously hurt.

He's in Afghanistan for cryin' out loud, goin' out on missions that nobody knows about (stuff that Carlos Condit would NEVER do, but I still give him mad props for comin' out here that close to a fight) and isn't reported on the news day in and day out.

Later.
Thanks for clearing that up Mr Williams
Old 02-22-2009, 11:25 AM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Thanks for clearing that up Mr Williams
You're very welcome.

Later.