Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-11-2010, 08:35 PM
Stump Rules!

Default GSP goes out of his way for superchamp

He's really getting around in training for this fight. I don't know about you guys but I'm pretty excited

Training with the best fighters in the world has shown to be a key to the success for most champions in the world of mixed martial arts, and there may not be any fighter more willing to go out and work with the best than UFC champion Georges St-Pierre.

As the welterweight kingpin prepares for his latest title defense, against Dan Hardy at UFC 111 in New Jersey, St-Pierre has racked up the frequent flyer miles to ensure he's had the very best training going into the fight.

His home camp in Montreal will always serve as the base of operations for Team GSP, where he works alongside lead coach Firas Zahabi, and a cast of top fighters and wrestlers from the area.

Working in Colorado just a few weeks back, GSP was training with close friend and training partner Nate Marquardt, while also working with the rest of the Grudge team including UFC fighters Shane Carwin, Eliot Marshall, and Brendan Schaub. The room also included several Team Jackson's fighters like Rashad Evans and Keith Jardine.

From there the camp moved to New York City and Renzo Gracie's academy in Manhattan where the training room consisted of Gracie and another top trainer named John Danaher, while also traveling to Muay Thai instructor Phil Nurse's gym as well.

Beyond the trainers, at any given point in New York City, St-Pierre could be seen rolling and sparring with Kenny Florian, Frankie Edgar, Ricardo Almeida, and others as he prepared for his March 27 tilt with Hardy.

"A great variety of training partners, I'm very lucky to have that circle of friends and training partners, that's what makes me successful and it's how you surround yourself sometimes that makes the difference," St-Pierre told MMAWeekly Radio recently. "They help me out a lot."

The proof is in the production as St-Pierre is undefeated in his last six fights, including three consecutive defenses of his welterweight title. The Canadian believes the camp he put together for this fight is the best he's ever had, and it will show when he arrives in New Jersey later this month. Oh yeah, he also just happens to have one of the greatest strategists in the sportís history in Greg Jackson in his corner for his fight.

"I've never been so ready in my career for a fight," said St-Pierre. "I'm the best I've ever been, I can't wait to get it on and get to the next chapter in my career."

St-Pierre just recently left New York City to complete his camp in Montreal, along with UFC lightweight contender Kenny Florian, who will spend two weeks with the Tristar team as he finishes up his camp as well.

Of course training isn't fighting, but St-Pierre has definitely put in the work with all the right people to ensure him the best possible preparation for his next title defense.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...10921&zoneid=2

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 03-12-2010, 12:30 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

...so why has Georges not gone to train with BJ Penn then

Old 03-14-2010, 01:36 AM
Maldonado136

he is definitely getting better training than hardy thats for sure. I wanna see hardy get crushed.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:46 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136 View Post
he is definitely getting better training than hardy thats for sure. I wanna see hardy get crushed.
your going to make Dave cry if you keep that kind of talk up you know.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:24 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136 View Post
I wanna see hardy get crushed.

Well When he becomes King...you might have to wait a while
Old 03-14-2010, 11:27 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post

Well When he becomes King...you might have to wait a while
Dave, outside of wishful thinking & a puncher's chance, what shot do you think Hardy actually has of winning?
Old 03-14-2010, 11:31 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Dave, outside of wishful thinking & a puncher's chance, what shot do you think Hardy actually has of winning?
Get onto my Youtube Profile, and watch my predictions video for yourself. I speak in detail about it there
Old 03-14-2010, 11:44 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Get onto my Youtube Profile, and watch my predictions video for yourself. I speak in detail about it there
I don't want detail, I want a summation.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:49 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I don't want detail, I want a summation.
GSP=Mentally Weak-MAJOR FLAW

GSP-Knows they dont teach Wrestling in England-Might underestimate

GSP-Trouble Finishing as Champion

Dan Hardy = Very Mentally Strong

Dan Hardy - Knows he's going in as underdog, pressure off

Dan Hardy - Wont be finished by Sub, Probably wont get Tko'd

Its going to come down to who can pull off the better decision if Dan Hardy cant Finish GSP...He can frustrate him, demoralize him...possibly win Decision.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:53 PM
Max

Quote:
ok Dave I just watched your predictions video, well im in the process of watching it and can I ask why you said Mir has not really recovered since his accident? He is a better fighter now than he ever was before.