Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Jeff Crow's Avatar
Jeff Crow Jeff Crow is offline
Crowbar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nokomis, IL
Posts: 475
Default

I'm pretty sure GSP knows better than to try and stand with Hardy. He may for a bit and throw those low kicks and a few high kicks to set up the takedown. Once it's on the ground Hardy doesn't stand too good of a chance.

However I wouldn't be surprised if Hardy catches him on the feet if they stay there too long. We've seen he is a pretty good counter puncher and has the power to put GSP away.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 6,004
Default

you spelled UFC wrong?!
that's like asking for the number to 9-1-1
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-13-2010, 06:32 AM
Maldonado136
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnP View Post
Just watched this. I am not sure who Hardy’s camp have been watching videos off but it aint GSP.

"One thing i know about GSP is if he gets hit cleanly he falls over" So one knockout now equals a glass jaw? Bar the Serra fight he has never even been rocked properly.

"You never see a GSP fight where someone gets beaten up" ermmm you might wanna take a look at post fight pics of Alves, Fitch and even BJ (who never marks) before you say that again Dan.

I like Hardy for the most part (but I am a self confessed GSP nuthugger) but I think he is underestimating GSP WAY too much

And training with Serra? Really? Short of how to get kneed into oblivion what does that give him?
haha exactly!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-17-2010, 11:59 PM
bj44's Avatar
bj44 bj44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I think Hardy is going to win...and be the first British Fighter to gain Gold
big suprise you picked GSP to lose his last 6 fights and were wrong ever time
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-18-2010, 12:10 AM
Maldonado136
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
big suprise you picked GSP to lose his last 6 fights and were wrong ever time
lmao
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-18-2010, 12:18 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
big suprise you picked GSP to lose his last 6 fights and were wrong ever time
You know what the real laugh was...I chose GSP to WIN GSP/Serra 1

...at least im consistant...oh...and soon I'll have to be right just on the basis of sheer statistics
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-18-2010, 02:58 AM
bj44's Avatar
bj44 bj44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
You know what the real laugh was...I chose GSP to WIN GSP/Serra 1

...at least im consistant...oh...and soon I'll have to be right just on the basis of sheer statistics
no you dont pick fights on logic you pick fights on who you like more or on some instances who the better looking fighter is. Deep down you probably dont think Hardy will win your just hoping he will win because you hold a grudge against st pierre for taking matts title. Which isnt really fair!!!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-18-2010, 03:13 AM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
no you dont pick fights on logic you pick fights on who you like more or on some instances who the better looking fighter is. Deep down you probably dont think Hardy will win your just hoping he will win because you hold a grudge against st pierre for taking matts title. Which isnt really fair!!!
THIS!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-18-2010, 12:28 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
no you dont pick fights on logic you pick fights on who you like more or on some instances who the better looking fighter is. Deep down you probably dont think Hardy will win your just hoping he will win because you hold a grudge against st pierre for taking matts title. Which isnt really fair!!!

as if I do!

Firstly...gotta tell you GSP is WAY ahead of Dan Hardy in the looks department...so that pooh-bars that idea

Secondly, It not a case of "liking" a fighter more, its more a case of being loyal to them. I might be loyal to a fighter for a number of reasons, camp association for example...I tend to support the suckerpunch fighters...in this instance...Hardy is British...the first Brit to run for a title...of course I'm slightly biased

Thirdly...I dont hold a grudge against GSP for taking Matts Title...I DO hold a grudge against GSP for cutting corners to get there, and for not being the champion I think he could have been given more time before getting the title in the first place. Had you been around and taken notice of what I said at the time you would know that I always thought the Georges would be deemed King one day...but you would understand why to me the ends dont justify the means.

He cut corners...and he paid the price for it

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-18-2010, 01:07 PM
County Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
He cut corners...and he paid the price for it
What price did he pay? Being champ and making a ton of money is probably feeling pretty good to him. I doubt that being on your "naughty" list really causes him to lose much sleep.

Besides, I don't really think he cut any corners. A little dab of vaseline on the back didn't affect anything and was most likely not intentional.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.