Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Crowbar

I'm pretty sure GSP knows better than to try and stand with Hardy. He may for a bit and throw those low kicks and a few high kicks to set up the takedown. Once it's on the ground Hardy doesn't stand too good of a chance.

However I wouldn't be surprised if Hardy catches him on the feet if they stay there too long. We've seen he is a pretty good counter puncher and has the power to put GSP away.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:01 PM

you spelled UFC wrong?!
that's like asking for the number to 9-1-1

[
Old 03-13-2010, 06:32 AM
Maldonado136

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnP View Post
Just watched this. I am not sure who Hardy’s camp have been watching videos off but it aint GSP.

"One thing i know about GSP is if he gets hit cleanly he falls over" So one knockout now equals a glass jaw? Bar the Serra fight he has never even been rocked properly.

"You never see a GSP fight where someone gets beaten up" ermmm you might wanna take a look at post fight pics of Alves, Fitch and even BJ (who never marks) before you say that again Dan.

I like Hardy for the most part (but I am a self confessed GSP nuthugger) but I think he is underestimating GSP WAY too much

And training with Serra? Really? Short of how to get kneed into oblivion what does that give him?
haha exactly!
Old 03-17-2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I think Hardy is going to win...and be the first British Fighter to gain Gold
big suprise you picked GSP to lose his last 6 fights and were wrong ever time
Old 03-18-2010, 12:10 AM
Maldonado136

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
lmao
Old 03-18-2010, 12:18 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
You know what the real laugh was...I chose GSP to WIN GSP/Serra 1

...at least im consistant...oh...and soon I'll have to be right just on the basis of sheer statistics
Old 03-18-2010, 02:58 AM

Quote:
You know what the real laugh was...I chose GSP to WIN GSP/Serra 1

...at least im consistant...oh...and soon I'll have to be right just on the basis of sheer statistics
no you dont pick fights on logic you pick fights on who you like more or on some instances who the better looking fighter is. Deep down you probably dont think Hardy will win your just hoping he will win because you hold a grudge against st pierre for taking matts title. Which isnt really fair!!!
Old 03-18-2010, 03:13 AM
Chuck

Quote:
no you dont pick fights on logic you pick fights on who you like more or on some instances who the better looking fighter is. Deep down you probably dont think Hardy will win your just hoping he will win because you hold a grudge against st pierre for taking matts title. Which isnt really fair!!!
THIS!!!!
Old 03-18-2010, 12:28 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:

as if I do!

Firstly...gotta tell you GSP is WAY ahead of Dan Hardy in the looks department...so that pooh-bars that idea

Secondly, It not a case of "liking" a fighter more, its more a case of being loyal to them. I might be loyal to a fighter for a number of reasons, camp association for example...I tend to support the suckerpunch fighters...in this instance...Hardy is British...the first Brit to run for a title...of course I'm slightly biased

Thirdly...I dont hold a grudge against GSP for taking Matts Title...I DO hold a grudge against GSP for cutting corners to get there, and for not being the champion I think he could have been given more time before getting the title in the first place. Had you been around and taken notice of what I said at the time you would know that I always thought the Georges would be deemed King one day...but you would understand why to me the ends dont justify the means.

He cut corners...and he paid the price for it

Old 03-18-2010, 01:07 PM
County Mike

Quote:
He cut corners...and he paid the price for it
What price did he pay? Being champ and making a ton of money is probably feeling pretty good to him. I doubt that being on your "naughty" list really causes him to lose much sleep.

Besides, I don't really think he cut any corners. A little dab of vaseline on the back didn't affect anything and was most likely not intentional.