Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-11-2010, 08:10 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
I already made a thread about this...I'll combine them
doh .. i even looked for it ... silly me ..

i got GSP ... Dan may be tough, but he hasn't fought top guys if you ask me ... and i am not a fighter, so i won't know how it is going to be for him fighting his first UFC fight outside of his backyard

GSP first round TKO
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
doh .. i even looked for it ... silly me ..

i got GSP ... Dan may be tough, but he hasn't fought top guys if you ask me ... and i am not a fighter, so i won't know how it is going to be for him fighting his first UFC fight outside of his backyard

GSP first round TKO
How is GSP's chin? Serra tested it right well. Dan has better hands than Serra...if GSP doesn't get the takedown GSP is going down.
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-11-2010, 08:18 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
How is GSP's chin? Serra tested it right well. Dan has better hands than Serra...if GSP doesn't get the takedown GSP is going down.
i am still not convinced GSP's chin is suspect ... yes serra knocked him silly, but that all started from a looping punch that hit him in the back of the head and he lost his balance and was doomed from there ... he has taken some shots and has never been rocked in any of his other fights ... yes, hardy can KO him, but GSP will have him on his back before he knows it ...
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Maldonado136
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
How is GSP's chin? Serra tested it right well. Dan has better hands than Serra...if GSP doesn't get the takedown GSP is going down.
well thiago alves has way better takedown defense I would say and better striking (so does paul daley) and we all saw how that went. hardy has the right mind set but it wont be enough.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,209
Default

Dan Hardy has more attitude than GSP. In his mind, he's won, he will win, he can't lose...that will be his attitude before and DURING this fight.

We all know GSP knows he can lose...he is mentally not so sure of himself. He admitted he lost to Matt because Matt was an idol of his, and Serra, because he wasn't prepared...

Dan Hardy is not Thiago Alves who is promising to "shock the world", only to get pwned...he is not John Fitch who relied on skill more than attitude and didn't combine the two. Dan Hardy will not be handled easily, and he will dictate the fight on the feet. Takedowns will come with suffering for GSP. He will be hurt in the attempt, and possibly stopped in the attempt. His chin is not glass, but it is not iron either.
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-12-2010, 12:28 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,838
Default

I think Hardy is going to win...and be the first British Fighter to gain Gold
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-12-2010, 03:02 AM
billythekid2000
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Dan Hardy has more attitude than GSP. In his mind, he's won, he will win, he can't lose...that will be his attitude before and DURING this fight.

We all know GSP knows he can lose...he is mentally not so sure of himself. He admitted he lost to Matt because Matt was an idol of his, and Serra, because he wasn't prepared...

Dan Hardy is not Thiago Alves who is promising to "shock the world", only to get pwned...he is not John Fitch who relied on skill more than attitude and didn't combine the two. Dan Hardy will not be handled easily, and he will dictate the fight on the feet. Takedowns will come with suffering for GSP. He will be hurt in the attempt, and possibly stopped in the attempt. His chin is not glass, but it is not iron either.
Interesting analysis. Completely wrong, however!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-12-2010, 03:53 AM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billythekid2000 View Post
Interesting analysis. Completely wrong, however!
Thanks for the thought-provoking analysis of mine
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-12-2010, 05:06 AM
Maldonado136
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Dan Hardy has more attitude than GSP. In his mind, he's won, he will win, he can't lose...that will be his attitude before and DURING this fight.

We all know GSP knows he can lose...he is mentally not so sure of himself. He admitted he lost to Matt because Matt was an idol of his, and Serra, because he wasn't prepared...

Dan Hardy is not Thiago Alves who is promising to "shock the world", only to get pwned...he is not John Fitch who relied on skill more than attitude and didn't combine the two. Dan Hardy will not be handled easily, and he will dictate the fight on the feet. Takedowns will come with suffering for GSP. He will be hurt in the attempt, and possibly stopped in the attempt. His chin is not glass, but it is not iron either.
i completely disagree with everything in this post but i guess there is only one way to find out.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-12-2010, 01:48 PM
GnP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Just watched this. I am not sure who Hardy’s camp have been watching videos off but it aint GSP.

"One thing i know about GSP is if he gets hit cleanly he falls over" So one knockout now equals a glass jaw? Bar the Serra fight he has never even been rocked properly.

"You never see a GSP fight where someone gets beaten up" ermmm you might wanna take a look at post fight pics of Alves, Fitch and even BJ (who never marks) before you say that again Dan.

I like Hardy for the most part (but I am a self confessed GSP nuthugger) but I think he is underestimating GSP WAY too much

And training with Serra? Really? Short of how to get kneed into oblivion what does that give him?

Last edited by GnP; 03-12-2010 at 01:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.