Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-23-2009, 09:10 PM
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
Solution: From now on, take no prisoners!
Bingo!
Old 01-23-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
I'm not talking about Democrats and I'm not talking about Liberals. I'm talking about the Left-Wing Liberal extremists in the Democratic party. So this doesn't apply to the average "center-right" or "center-left" Democrat.
I thought that was just your nickname for anyone belonging to the democratic party. My apologies

In that case you're probably right!

[
Old 01-23-2009, 09:13 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Not really, only as long as it takes for us to break in, kill all of their guards, and rescue our soldiers.

This is warfare where might makes right. If you're not aggressive and strong, then you're doomed to lose.
Might never makes right.

Dont pretend this is modern day warfare...because its not. These people arent an attacking nation, they are a network of individuals, you are at war with nobody and everybody all at once...and you wouldnt condone them breaking in and killing your guards would you?

Lead by example. Just because your enemies do not have any moral decency does not mean you have to stoop to their lows.

Forget being Aggressive and Strong...you dont even know "who" you are fighting, thats the whole problem. This isnt cannon fodder warfare...this is use your intelligence warfare...you have to be smarter then them, more on the ball the them...or else you will be doomed to fighting regiemes that sponcer terrorism...rather then the terrorists themselves...as we have seen with two wars...thats not the way to go...this is NOT conventional warfare...well...it is once you try and invade a country to reach a few individuals

This isnt about mighty armies Nathan...its about a few indidivual people. The worst terrorist attack wasnt through an army...it was through a small number of men.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:16 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Not really, only as long as it takes for us to break in, kill all of their guards, and rescue our soldiers.

This is warfare where might makes right. If you're not aggressive and strong, then you're doomed to lose.

I am fine with that, but I just don't like it when people pretend we are a bunch of saints.

A big part of me believes we should stop at nothing to defend our country,
the other part feels bad for people. I get a little torn, but in the end I want my son to be safe and our country to be safe.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:18 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
I am fine with that, but I just don't like it when people pretend we are a bunch of saints.
I think most of you are but thats just my opinion.

I think those who honnestly understand and belief in the principles that America stands for, really do epitomize a nation under GOD.

I think lots of Americans havent got a clue about the above though...but they are still American...sooo I let them off
Old 01-23-2009, 09:52 PM
kyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I thought they were held at a Military base...even if its off US mainland, a Base is still classified as an Embassy...ergo it is US soil....I guess maybe not if they have decomissioned it though....and the Staff opporating the facility ARE American...ergo it doesnt matter who they are holding, if they mean what they say about Freedom, and the are law abiding, then they will hold dear exactly the same sentiments as if Guantanamo was in a Suberb of the Capital.

Its alright letting people rot behind bars if they are guilty, but without a trial how do you know there ARE guilty?
OK now this is getting ridiculous!!! IF there at GITMO there their for a reason. Do you know how many POW we catch a year just in IRAQ alone. When I was there last time I remembered my company (which is less than only 100 soldier) caught some 300 detainees in a week. now most of them got let go because we did not have enough evidence on them to hold them but we kept a lot that we had stuff on, and sent them down to abu ghraib. Now there suppose to do trials down there but i really dont know what happen to them but what i do know is less Americans died because we keep these terrorist off the streets.

I do believe in whats fair and we should give these guys a trial, but do you think they will get a fair trial? It would have to be held by NATO or some outside party. At the same time we cant just release them to society so they can go back to there ways. So if they sit a few more years i wont really care because like i said these guys dont play by the rules of war ie Geneva Convention last time i checked these terrorist cut Americans heads off if they catch one of us. And quit listening to all the bias bulls$%t media. The media has always been liberal and will always be liberal. They can tell the public the tooth fairy is real and they would believe them
Old 01-23-2009, 10:44 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle
OK now this is getting ridiculous!!! IF there at GITMO there their for a reason. Do you know how many POW we catch a year just in IRAQ alone. When I was there last time I remembered my company (which is less than only 100 soldier) caught some 300 detainees in a week. now most of them got let go because we did not have enough evidence on them to hold them but we kept a lot that we had stuff on, and sent them down to abu ghraib. Now there suppose to do trials down there but i really dont know what happen to them but what i do know is less Americans died because we keep these terrorist off the streets.

I do believe in whats fair and we should give these guys a trial, but do you think they will get a fair trial? It would have to be held by NATO or some outside party. At the same time we cant just release them to society so they can go back to there ways. So if they sit a few more years i wont really care because like i said these guys dont play by the rules of war ie Geneva Convention last time i checked these terrorist cut Americans heads off if they catch one of us. And quit listening to all the bias bulls$%t media. The media has always been liberal and will always be liberal. They can tell the public the tooth fairy is real and they would believe them
Whats wrong with an American Trial? I dont think there is a conflict of interest with Americans Judging Terrorists...If they do a Trial and are found guilty then fair enough...what I dont like is storing them WITHOUT trial.

I dont think you need involve NATO or the United Nations...because these peoples are charged specifically with Terrorism on the United States...Ergo, its a matter for the United States to Judge...I'm obviously talking about a Military Hearing rather then a Traditional Court of Law.

Also...I think if found guilty they should be executed. Treason is a very serious offense, and Terrorism, is a type of Treachery against some form of power one oughta respect.

So I think they should catch them, try them...and if needs be execute them. Forget Storing them and maltreating them in Guantanamo...Prisoners should be kept as little time as possible. If the are innocent let them go, if they are guilty Execute them...how difficult is thatto figure out?

...and I think that the United States alone has the right to try her own prisoners under her own law, in anyway she sees fit. Dont misread me as someone who is soft on Terrorists and criminals. Quite apart...I'm a supporter of Capital Punishment, and minimal appeals... But what I dont go in for is keeping them indefinately in somekinda War criminal zoo.

I tell you who could try them if the United States wont...Cuba is in the Gulf, why dont you try them under the Carrabean Court of Appeals. They will hang them for you

Its all in my Screen-name. Tyburn was a place of execution for over 600 yearshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_sM86GnH7A
Old 01-23-2009, 11:48 PM
kyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Whats wrong with an American Trial? I dont think there is a conflict of interest with Americans Judging Terrorists...If they do a Trial and are found guilty then fair enough...what I dont like is storing them WITHOUT trial.

I dont think you need involve NATO or the United Nations...because these peoples are charged specifically with Terrorism on the United States...Ergo, its a matter for the United States to Judge...I'm obviously talking about a Military Hearing rather then a Traditional Court of Law.

Also...I think if found guilty they should be executed. Treason is a very serious offense, and Terrorism, is a type of Treachery against some form of power one oughta respect.

So I think they should catch them, try them...and if needs be execute them. Forget Storing them and maltreating them in Guantanamo...Prisoners should be kept as little time as possible. If the are innocent let them go, if they are guilty Execute them...how difficult is thatto figure out?

...and I think that the United States alone has the right to try her own prisoners under her own law, in anyway she sees fit. Dont misread me as someone who is soft on Terrorists and criminals. Quite apart...I'm a supporter of Capital Punishment, and minimal appeals... But what I dont go in for is keeping them indefinately in somekinda War criminal zoo.

I tell you who could try them if the United States wont...Cuba is in the Gulf, why dont you try them under the Carrabean Court of Appeals. They will hang them for you

Its all in my Screen-name. Tyburn was a place of execution for over 600 yearshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_sM86GnH7A
OK Dave your absolutely right try them here in America, Better yet put me on the jury I promise i will be fair. there's really only 1 way they could be tried by our country that I can see and that being in federal court since there being tried for crimes against the united states. Now NATO and the UN can and should get involved in this, in fact There helping us in the war on terrorism in Afghanistan but not in Iraq. So they should start helping us get these trials under way. Everyone wants to criticize the war or the prisons or how there treated but know one wants to offer suggestion to make things better.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:55 PM
matthughesfan21

I don't agree with the decision to release them, but I sort of agree with the decision to close Gitmo, it has way to much popularity that I believe is altering how effective it is...we should seperate them and detain them in other camps with less media attention
Old 01-24-2009, 12:07 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle
OK Dave your absolutely right try them here in America, Better yet put me on the jury I promise i will be fair. there's really only 1 way they could be tried by our country that I can see and that being in federal court since there being tried for crimes against the united states. Now NATO and the UN can and should get involved in this, in fact There helping us in the war on terrorism in Afghanistan but not in Iraq. So they should start helping us get these trials under way. Everyone wants to criticize the war or the prisons or how there treated but know one wants to offer suggestion to make things better.
Well the United Nations has a court...but the problem there might be that they strictly abide by protocol. It will depend on where you got your criminals as to whether they can try them

For example...you will note that Sadam was not tried by International Law...I dont know if the United Nations CAN get involved in trying any criminals from Iraq, because the United Nations did not sanction the invasion until after it was completed.

Now I'm sure they can do it with Afghanistan prisoners...but honnestly...it takes a bloody age to process all those people through the Court system.

I OFTEN make suggestions, but I have realized that Americans often dont like people poking into their business...they are american Prisoners...how would you feel if a European found one of your prisoners innocent and let him go? Do you follow.

But as I understand it they ARE processing them, and they will then either be sending them to prisons in the United States, or other Nations whether incarcerated or not. Your Capital Punishment System is far to slow...they would die of old age after conviction before sentance was carried out...We dont even have a bloody capital punishment system anymore.

Btw...I didnt say you couldnt treat prisoners badly...I said they needed to be found guilty in a trial first. Prison would be a whole different system if I could reform it LOL. Firstly...once imprisoned and having been found guilty, you would lose certain rights because you have violated the law..if you dont follow the law, you have no right to appeal to it as a basis to help you out. ONE Appeal...and if thats still guilty then execution. None of the humaine stuff..you dont do to murderers what you do to beloved pets. Hang them. Thats what you do with them. Public, as a deterent...and in England...where prisons are over populated...I would not have anyone person spending Life in the country. I'd decomission a warship, and anchor it in the North Sea...they can live out there life there...and if it happens to accidently stray into other powers waters and accidently be sunk...would be a terrible shame.

Sentance lengths would MEAN the length...a Life is LIFE...not 25 years, halves and out before 15. Criminals are not citizens, because they have removed themself from the covering of the law...BUT...they are not criminals until they have been through a Trial.

Thats the ONLY bone I have with Guantanamo.

btw...did you watch the Tyburn video...its kewl aint it