Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-10-2010, 01:31 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
ancient barnacle .

So are you a Child barnacle?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Blade
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE View Post
So are you a Child barnacle?
Wtf are you on about?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-11-2010, 02:25 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Wtf are you on about?
Well since you rudely referred to Randy as Ancient I'm guessing your a Child! I thought that was pretty obvious.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-12-2010, 12:34 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,944
Default

I dont even know who this toney person is...or what or the fuss is about him.

I wish they'd bring back Kimbo Slice

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-12-2010, 12:41 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I dont even know who this toney person is...or what or the fuss is about him.

I wish they'd bring back Kimbo Slice

He is a Hall of Fame boxer.

It's sad that there are fight fans who follow Kimbo Slice but have never heard of James Toney. That really is sad.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-12-2010, 01:04 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
He is a Hall of Fame boxer.

It's sad that there are fight fans who follow Kimbo Slice but have never heard of James Toney. That really is sad.
But I dont do...or like Boxing...never have...my background is Professional Wrestling...not a purest combat sport like most people.

I only heard of Kimbo Slice through TUF...and granted he aint that good...but he seems to have a nice character.

sorry
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-12-2010, 01:24 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
But I dont do...or like Boxing...never have...my background is Professional Wrestling...not a purest combat sport like most people.

I only heard of Kimbo Slice through TUF...and granted he aint that good...but he seems to have a nice character.

sorry
Thats fine, but it's still sad to me.

I watched pro-wrestling too, still do, and the success of the UFC today is largely because of the model that was set by both pro-wrestling and Boxing. Even if a person is not a fan of pro-wrestling or Boxing, I think that as MMA fans we should definitely recognize and respect what they have done to pave the way.

I'm not saying that MMA fans need to run out and study the history of Boxing, although that would be nice because then we would actually see some more intelligent comments about the sport, but just that I personally think it's a shame that there are fight fans who know who Kimbo is, but not James Toney. He is a very accomplished fighter, and well known around the world.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-12-2010, 01:33 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Thats fine, but it's still sad to me.

I watched pro-wrestling too, still do, and the success of the UFC today is largely because of the model that was set by both pro-wrestling and Boxing. Even if a person is not a fan of pro-wrestling or Boxing, I think that as MMA fans we should definitely recognize and respect what they have done to pave the way.

I'm not saying that MMA fans need to run out and study the history of Boxing, although that would be nice because then we would actually see some more intelligent comments about the sport, but just that I personally think it's a shame that there are fight fans who know who Kimbo is, but not James Toney. He is a very accomplished fighter, and well known around the world.
Knowing me as you do, will I want to know him.

After all, BJ Penn "Is a very accomplished fighter, and well known around the world" and I dont care for him.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-12-2010, 01:50 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Knowing me as you do, will I want to know him.

After all, BJ Penn "Is a very accomplished fighter, and well known around the world" and I dont care for him.
Well, in that respect, no. You probably wouldn't care much for his attitude, but that wasn't my point. I was really just speaking more to the fact that you said you don't even know who he is.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-12-2010, 01:51 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Well, in that respect, no. You probably wouldn't care much for his attitude, but that wasn't my point. I was really just speaking more to the fact that you said you don't even know who he is.
ohh well I dont feel too bad about not knowing who he is then
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.