Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-08-2010, 04:39 PM
TDPARKASH

Default BJ's live like a champion project

As i have been critical of some of the comments BJ has made in the past few years, he is doing a great thing with this live like a champion project.

here is a video of how it is being integrated into a school:

http://www.bjpenn.com/video/live-lik...ampion-project
Old 03-12-2010, 12:38 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

too little, too late

BJ Penn should not be allowed to influence little children. Noone who speaks that kinda level of smack, does disgusting habits after a fight should be allowed anywhere near a school. This is probably a stunt at self-advertizing...whats he doing..techning them skills...coz he sure as hell aint teaching them character....when will he learn that his motto CANT help change a person. Education...maybe...but Lifestyle...no way!

Sorry to be harsh.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:14 PM
billwilliams70

BJ Penn is a fine guy. He volunteered his time to visit troops in Afghanistan.

There's lot's of negative talk about Matt out there too, that he's arrogant and such, but for those that are on this board that know him (of which I don't), the slams against him couldn't be further from the truth.

His smack is talked before the fight, he celebrates his victories in keeping with his heritage, and I believe that he's sincere in what he's doing.

Later.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:47 PM

I think this is a wonderful thing for these kids. I liked what the teacher said, "It's a sense of belonging. Everybody needs to feel like they belong."
Old 03-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
BJ Penn is a fine guy. He volunteered his time to visit troops in Afghanistan.

There's lot's of negative talk about Matt out there too, that he's arrogant and such, but for those that are on this board that know him (of which I don't), the slams against him couldn't be further from the truth.

His smack is talked before the fight, he celebrates his victories in keeping with his heritage, and I believe that he's sincere in what he's doing.

Later.
True that!! Amazing post I must add!!!
Old 03-12-2010, 09:50 PM
TENNESSEAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
too little, too late

BJ Penn should not be allowed to influence little children. Noone who speaks that kinda level of smack, does disgusting habits after a fight should be allowed anywhere near a school. This is probably a stunt at self-advertizing...whats he doing..techning them skills...coz he sure as hell aint teaching them character....when will he learn that his motto CANT help change a person. Education...maybe...but Lifestyle...no way!

Sorry to be harsh.
i think BJ has matured a lot over the last year. a year ago i could not stand him this year he has shown a new work ethic good sportsmanship and he is doing good things helping kids. i was familiar with his charity "Penn Hawaii youth foundation" its cool to see him expanding on that.

if he keeps this up i could become a BJ Penn fan someday
Old 03-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
i think BJ has matured a lot over the last year. a year ago i could not stand him this year he has shown a new work ethic good sportsmanship and he is doing good things helping kids. i was familiar with his charity "Penn Hawaii youth foundation" its cool to see him expanding on that.

if he keeps this up i could become a BJ Penn fan someday
you dont mean that...

Look...I'm not saying its a bad project...education, teaching kids, maybe getting them into something that stops them getting into crime...its all valid.

...but Knowledge can only teach you what you can attain...it cant teach you how to BE...Champions arent just a skill set.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:06 PM
TENNESSEAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
you dont mean that...

Look...I'm not saying its a bad project...education, teaching kids, maybe getting them into something that stops them getting into crime...its all valid.

...but Knowledge can only teach you what you can attain...it cant teach you how to BE...Champions arent just a skill set.
im still feeling the pull towards becoming a bj fan. please throw me a lifeline give me something to make me snap back to reality
Old 03-12-2010, 10:13 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
im still feeling the pull towards becoming a bj fan. please throw me a lifeline give me something to make me snap back to reality
Old 03-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote: