Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 03-10-2010, 12:39 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
I think Link to the Past was by far the best in the series, Second I would have to say is the original Zelda, without it there would be no Zelda games, plus back in the NEs days it was one of its best titles alongside the marioes and original FF. Third would be the Twilight PRincess for the Wii
I agree with your point about the original Zelda, but my opinion on OOT, and a lot of others too, is really based on the actual gameplay. We wouldn't have goten Twilight Princess without OOT, so that kinda goes both ways. It's hard to knock any of the Zelda games, but I just always liked OOT best.

Check out this video from the Angry Video Game Nerd where he explains the timeline of the Zelda games, it's hilarious.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/an...ewattack/29488
Old 03-10-2010, 07:25 PM
Maldonado136

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
ohh an Windwaker was terrible...
lol no way!! it is so underrated you cant judge it by the graphics just the gameplay which is up there with all the others. When it first came out I was really pissed and refused to play it but when I finally did I was like "Wow this is still really fun". I couldnt choose a favorite zelda game they are all incredibly fun including the gameboy ones like oracle of ages and seasons. The three most important games to the series though would be the very first one, link to the past, and OOT.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:04 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136 View Post
lol no way!! it is so underrated you cant judge it by the graphics just the gameplay which is up there with all the others. When it first came out I was really pissed and refused to play it but when I finally did I was like "Wow this is still really fun". I couldnt choose a favorite zelda game they are all incredibly fun including the gameboy ones like oracle of ages and seasons. The three most important games to the series though would be the very first one, link to the past, and OOT.
Everything bout Wind Waker was lame, The worst was the hour boat rides everywhere and all the worthless whirlpools to use the crane on, and for what a few rubys? The boss battles were bout as dumbed down and easy as could be, and yeah the graphics were a shame lol.

Writing an article bout a 12 yr old game is lame, what next, 7 yr old beats Kid Icarus ?
Old 03-11-2010, 04:18 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

My favorite is Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. I love the side-scrolling style!
Old 03-11-2010, 04:20 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
My favorite is Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. I love the side-scrolling style!
That game is great, but at the time it really let Zelda fans down. Personally, I love it.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:23 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136 View Post
I gotta say, I didn't dig Windwaker too much.

The gameplay was fine, but I just didn't like the direction they took the story, and the look of the characters was a bit...lame....

But I still played it and beat it, because I'm a nerd.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:28 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
That game is great, but at the time it really let Zelda fans down. Personally, I love it.
Yeah, I think for the hardcore Zelda gamers, it was a letdown. For gamers in general, it was a win, but I see why they didn't go back to that style.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:54 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Yeah, I think for the hardcore Zelda gamers, it was a letdown. For gamers in general, it was a win, but I see why they didn't go back to that style.
Thats #1 for worst Zelda of all time..
Old 03-11-2010, 04:57 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Posters in this thread...

Old 03-11-2010, 04:59 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Posters in this thread...

OMG JB, you had the Power Glove!!!