Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 03-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default Can someone explain this please

To the unmarried and the widows I say that it is good for them to remain single as I am. 9 But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
To the unmarried and the widows I say that it is good for them to remain single as I am. 9 But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

It usually helps to include the book, chapter and verse of the passage in question.

More than once Paul said that it was better for Christians to remain single than to marry. This would give the person the ability to completely focus on GOD and not be distracted by the needs of their spouse. Except in those instances where people can simply not control their sexual urges. Those people should get married in order to give them an outlet for their sexual appetite and to keep them from sinning through other "sexual releases" like prostitution, fornication, homosexuality, pederasty, bestiality, etc.

Basically, if you're a pervert or a sex addict, then you need to get married.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post

To have sex outside of marriage is a sin & God is saying that if you cannot control yourself, then it is wiser for you to marry someone you do not love & having sex with them than to wait for love & sin.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:42 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
It usually helps to include the book, chapter and verse of the passage in question.

More than once Paul said that it was better for Christians to remain single than to marry. This would give the person the ability to completely focus on GOD and not be distracted by the needs of their spouse. Except in those instances where people can simply not control their sexual urges. Those people should get married in order to give them an outlet for their sexual appetite and to keep them from sinning through other "sexual releases" like prostitution, fornication, homosexuality, pederasty, bestiality, etc.

Basically, if you're a pervert or a sex addict, then you need to get married.
I'm not sure off hand the position, it came up in my Bible Study...the reason I asked...was actually because GOD says its not good for man to be alone.

The reason he said this is because He isnt alone, He exists in a Trinity, and time and time again, he expresses mirrors of this, Union with GOD for his Children will be like being as close as a member of the Trinity, Christ and His Bride the Church, again, The complete Body with the Head, Man and Wife, Two beings that are supposed to become ONE in body AND Spirit...its all reflections of the fact that GOD lives forever in a community, a bunch of relationships with three distinct personalities.

Yet Paul says its good to live alone I dont quite understand that, in light of what GOD displays in Genesis...you realise that up to the Fall, the ONLY thing that GOD didnt like, was the fact Man was effectively Lonely, He had no relationship of unity