Old 03-04-2010, 08:45 PM
annamal

Default Why do people get drunk?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIgFwIUSUkc

This guys got a lot of good videos.

Should christians drink alcohol at all?
Old 03-05-2010, 03:11 AM
Chris F

This is another one of those subjects we have beat to death in the past. SOmeone should post a link ot that thread. I am sure it got closed but you should be able to read it. Most on here feel it is acceptable. I however think it is not acceptable. we should never do anything that would cause another to stumble. Today's social gospel says we can act like the world but the bible says we are to forsake the world and all the things in it and embrace God and the cross. Read the old post for the biblical support ot that effect.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annamal View Post
Should christians drink alcohol at all?
Well I dont.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:48 PM
rearnakedchoke

as long as you can drink responsibly, you are fine ... wine was the drink of choice it seemed in the bible ... as long as you are not harming your body or acting in "unChristian" like manner when you are drunk, than i think it is fine ..
Old 03-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Robertboxerboy

I actually promised the big guy up stairs I would not drink until I turned 21. Most of my friends do it and i wont lie, i go to parties with them and hang out but when they ask my why I am not drinking I just tell them I promised the big guy up stairs I wouldnt. They just cant seem to get over the fact that there is something more improtant in life then partying and gettin drunk every saturday or friday night.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:29 PM

Good for you, Robert. It's hard to stand tall around peer pressure.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:17 AM
Garandshooter

Well, for me it started out as a way to relax after working nights. Sure I drank a lot in high school, and my time in the Navy, but then I became a dad. I had a long dry period when my childeren were little. So there I was coming home having two beers, and surfing the net, after work. Well after time 2 became 3 and 3 became six. When 6 became 8, I was completely drunk and setting a poor example for my kids. You have to work really hard to gain back the respect you can lose. I've never expressed what I just wrote to anyone, and I still struggle with this issue at times.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garandshooter View Post
Well, for me it started out as a way to relax after working nights. Sure I drank a lot in high school, and my time in the Navy, but then I became a dad. I had a long dry period when my childeren were little. So there I was coming home having two beers, and surfing the net, after work. Well after time 2 became 3 and 3 became six. When 6 became 8, I was completely drunk and setting a poor example for my kids. You have to work really hard to gain back the respect you can lose. I've never expressed what I just wrote to anyone, and I still struggle with this issue at times.
There was a time when I struggled with it too, GS. Hang in there! I think you've already made significant progress just recognizing there is a problem
Old 03-06-2010, 05:39 AM
annamal

Well, the Bible doesn't say you shouldn't drink at all, it just warns against drunkeness. Seems like people drank wine pretty routinely in the Bible. As for being drunk, how many of the worst decisions you've made in your life happened while you were under the influence, as opposed to being sober. I haven't yet decided whether it's something I should cut out of my life entirely or not.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:41 AM
annamal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertboxerboy View Post
I actually promised the big guy up stairs I would not drink until I turned 21. Most of my friends do it and i wont lie, i go to parties with them and hang out but when they ask my why I am not drinking I just tell them I promised the big guy up stairs I wouldnt. They just cant seem to get over the fact that there is something more improtant in life then partying and gettin drunk every saturday or friday night.

That's awesome! I know you can stick to it. And trust me, you're not missing anything.