Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-04-2010, 12:25 AM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Toney is a HW. He hasn't fought under 205 pounds in 7 years.
When BJ fought as a LHW he fought Machida who was a HW
Old 03-04-2010, 12:26 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
granted boxing is not mma ... but toney is huge compared to penn and a professional athlete .... people talk about how kimbo slice can't hang with mma guys, but he was never a pro athlete ... toney can train and beat some guys for sure .... is he gonna go in there and smash lesnar, mir, carwin or cain??? no .. but he can beat some HW's if you ask me ... i don't think he'll be champ, but saying he would lose to penn is a little much
I agree with you. I think he can definitely beat some HW's, but I don't think he's even interested in any kind of title run. I think he just wants to make some money and move on. I think he is only doing this because he can't get a fight with Vitali Kilitschko.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:28 AM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
granted boxing is not mma ... but toney is huge compared to penn and a professional athlete .... people talk about how kimbo slice can't hang with mma guys, but he was never a pro athlete ... toney can train and beat some guys for sure .... is he gonna go in there and smash lesnar, mir, carwin or cain??? no .. but he can beat some HW's if you ask me ... i don't think he'll be champ, but saying he would lose to penn is a little much
it all comes down to the ground game. If Penn cant get it to the ground he will get killed if he can Toney is in troubel
Old 03-04-2010, 12:30 AM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
it all comes down to the ground game. If Penn cant get it to the ground he will get killed if he can Toney is in troubel
i'll give you that ...
Old 03-04-2010, 12:31 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
When BJ fought as a LHW he fought Machida who was a HW
What is your point? This is not Japan.

I would be very surprised if Toney came down to 205, and I am not at all interested in the idea of seeing BJ fight at that weight. Hey, don't get me wrong, it would be a big fight that they could market it well, but I just don't see it happening.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:33 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
See, I don't think it's that cut and dry. That is no doubt what logic would tell us, but there is one thing we know for sure, and that is that YOU NEVER KNOW FOR SURE
Old 03-04-2010, 12:36 AM
Max

Quote:
What is your point? This is not Japan.

I would be very surprised if Toney came down to 205, and I am not at all interested in the idea of seeing BJ fight at that weight. Hey, don't get me wrong, it would be a big fight that they could market it well, but I just don't see it happening.
i dont see it happening but i think it would be fun to see.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:01 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
i dont see it happening but i think it would be fun to see.
Ya know, the more I thought about it... the more I think this would actually be a great fight to see happen. Toney is only 1 inch taller than Penn, and even though there would still be a bit of a size difference, I think it could actually be a very interesting fight.

Still, it would be wrong of the commission to sanction such a fight (not that it has always stopped them in the past).
Old 03-04-2010, 01:23 AM

Quote:
See, I don't think it's that cut and dry. That is no doubt what logic would tell us, but there is one thing we know for sure, and that is that YOU NEVER KNOW FOR SURE

I guess that's what makes it interesting, eh? You never know 100%...
Old 03-04-2010, 01:35 AM

I don't pretend that "Lights Out" will ever compete for the belt, but he'll fight Kimbo and maybe Chuck (at HW) and the guys that will thump with him. He'll sell a **** load of tickets and maybe convert some boxing purists.

[