Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-03-2010, 04:38 PM
GnP

Default Wanderlei: Akiyama next then Bisping

There is no question of the legendary status of Wanderlei Silva in the world of mixed martial arts. Now the Brazilian fighter is ready to begin a new legacy fighting at 185 pounds, and his next challenge could be coming sooner than expected.

Following a win over Michael Bisping in Australia, Silva spoke exclusively with MMAWeekly.com on Tuesday, where he confirmed who he will be fighting, and said the timing should make fans happy.

"I know I'm going to fight soon," said the former Pride champion. "I'm going to have a great surprise for my fans what date I'm going to fight. I'm so close to signing my next fight, we'll talk about things a little bit more, and I think I'm going to be fighting soon."

The opponent will be Yoshihiro Akiyama, who has made no secret that he wants to fight Silva. He may get exactly what he's been asking for with a rejuvenated "Axe Murderer."

"It's a great match because he's an incredible fighter. He's got an Olympic gold medal. He's had great performances in Dream in Japan, (he's) very famous there," Silva commented about Akiyama. "I think it's a great opportunity, one more really tough opponent, and I'm going to prove in the future it's possible I can be with the best fighters in 185."

While his focus now turns to Akiyama, Silva also mentioned a second fight with Michael Bisping, who wanted another shot after losing the unanimous decision in Sydney.

"The next is (Akiyama) and he is number one, and the number two is Bisping because I'm going to give a rematch to him," said Silva.

Rumors have placed the match-up between Silva and Akiyama as a possible fight for the upcoming UFC 115 fight card in Vancouver slated for June 12. MMAWeekly.com will have further information on the proposed fight between Silva and Akiyama as soon as details are available

Knowing what Love there is for the Count on this forum i though there would be much excitment about this announcment
Old 03-03-2010, 05:21 PM
County Mike

I don't see the point in another fight with Bisping, but I'll gladly tune in and hope for a KO this time.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:57 PM
atomdanger

The title was suppose to be "Wandy is ready for a sexy fight, and a Bisbing rematch" lol
Old 03-03-2010, 07:42 PM
sender

pfff Bisping should have to maybe beat a few decent fighters before having another shot...

Maybe have Bisping fight nate marquart.... Nates mad right now and I just wana see Bisping smashed again.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

I think I'd love to see a Sexy Wand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
The title was suppose to be "Wandy is ready for a sexy fight, and a Bisbing rematch" lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNRtOAFxuVg
Old 03-05-2010, 06:05 AM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I think I'd love to see a Sexy Wand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNRtOAFxuVg
you may not see a Sexy Wand but you will see

Old 03-05-2010, 02:41 PM
ufcfan2

Fight against Akiyama should be good and Wand hopefully would be more adapt at the weight change which should improve his cardio more....
Regardless of what happens against Akiyama(unless Wand wins) then another shot at Bisping would be okay with me and hopefully Wand KTFO this time....
If Wand wins I like to see him get Nate or even next dibs at AS...
Old 03-05-2010, 06:59 PM
rearnakedchoke

This is going to be a great fight ... I see Akiyama winning via tough decision .... but for the record, if it was a fight based on Sexiness, Sexyama takes it via first round highlight reel KO
Old 03-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I don't see the point in another fight with Bisping, but I'll gladly tune in and hope for a KO this time.
INDEED!
Old 03-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Rev

I hope Wand just comes in and gets the quick KO when he fights bisping next. Just walk up and drop him, turn and walk away.