Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 03-03-2010, 03:26 AM
mscomc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
A bit off topic but it wouldn't be normal around here if someone didnt do it. lol

Anyone want to take a wild guess at how many people were arrested for terrorism here in the US last year? (And I mean they were tried and found guilty.)

Any guesses?
Out of genuine curriosity, the source where you got that statisitc (no sarcasm intended)...does it break down the convicted terrorists into what kind of terrorism they were found guilty of?

For example:

1) there is the "war on the US" terrorism. I guess a better term would be religious terrorism.

2) ECO terrorism: as defined by the FBI; "the use or threatened use of violence of a criminal nature against people or property by an environmentally-oriented, subnational group for environmental-political reasons, or aimed at an audience beyond the target, often of a symbolic nature". I am gonna go out on a whimb and say PETA (ok maybe not)

3) Anarchist Terrorsim: concept that promotes physical violence against political enemies as a way of inspiring the masses and catalyzing revolution.

4) Narcoterrorism: basically an attack on your NARC police officers. It also counts drug wars, like the cocaine wars of the 1980's in Miami.

etc etc etc.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
80. Found guilty.

Not bad...thats better then I expected
Old 03-04-2010, 10:57 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscomc View Post
Out of genuine curriosity, the source where you got that statisitc (no sarcasm intended)...does it break down the convicted terrorists into what kind of terrorism they were found guilty of?

For example:

1) there is the "war on the US" terrorism. I guess a better term would be religious terrorism.

2) ECO terrorism: as defined by the FBI; "the use or threatened use of violence of a criminal nature against people or property by an environmentally-oriented, subnational group for environmental-political reasons, or aimed at an audience beyond the target, often of a symbolic nature". I am gonna go out on a whimb and say PETA (ok maybe not)

3) Anarchist Terrorsim: concept that promotes physical violence against political enemies as a way of inspiring the masses and catalyzing revolution.

4) Narcoterrorism: basically an attack on your NARC police officers. It also counts drug wars, like the cocaine wars of the 1980's in Miami.

etc etc etc.
I heard it on the radio so I don't have a source to show you. However, it did say that none were American. So I assumed they meant terriorism on the US - non domestic. lol