Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 03-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
1-5 vs 0-2 is such a boring fight anyways. One thing for certain if Jens loses he will still be around to lose a dozen more and the other guy will be let go regardless.

I watched an interview with Jens on the Sherdog front page...and he mentioned the word "commentating" See my biggest worry is what will happen to Jens when he does decide to retire...training others is fabulous...but we must not forget something...His Fathers transistion from reasonable man and excellent Jockey..happened when he could no longer compete.

Now Jens is a fabulous Commentator and it would keep him up to date, and keep him current if after he does retire he can go back to WEC colour commentary...hearing him at least voice that as an ideal has helpped calm me down.

You have to understand that he isnt the only one who suffers from Depressiona dn Anxiety SO DO I...now usually when he fights I see a slight increase in stress...but when he fights really important fights like Faber One...I was effected for the WHOLE week before that event....and its happened again this week..iv'e been so distracted running through every possible scenario and outcome in my head...ive worried, Ive prayed, I've gone off food, I've had trouble sleeping...ive been restless, iv'e had trouble concentrating...some people on here have probably noticed the difference...someone at work even said to me this past week "he's fighting again soon isnt he..."

So I'm sorry if you think I'm being mean, or if you think I'm a numptie...I am not, I am deeply loyal to Jens Pulver....and its worse now I've met him in person...because...with a lot of people who you love, you meet them and then you realize that...really...they kinda were a bit of a let down...but meeting Pulver was fantastic...because he was JUST like I imagined....he really IS that good in the flesh

Now I care for him even more...and though, really this fight is no more important then the Grispi fight...which I didnt spend all week anxious about, and did manage to eventually overcome the result...for some reason...now Im that little bit more...nervous and worried.

But I have faith in his abilities, I truely believe that he can fight and win against any of them. I suppose I always will.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:59 AM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
IF Jens had beaten Grispi, Swanson, and Lauzon. Would you still think he stood no chance against Javi?
Its not just the loses Dave its that fact that in all but 1 of them he has not even been competitive. In only 2 of his 5 losses has he made it out of round 1, the Penn fight, which he was dominated in from the start, and the first fight with Faber in which he did not win one round and on 2 of the judges score cards there was a 10-8 round. People are seeing that he is not the fighter that he once was and they are picking against him based on that, not because he lost his last fight. The same thing happened with Shogun. He had knee issues and lost to Forrest then in his fight back with Coleman he looked like crap. People questioned if we could ever get back to the way he was until he showed everyone he had returned to his former self. If Jens comes out in his next 2 fights and looks like the Jens of old then people might start picking him again
Old 03-06-2010, 04:07 AM
Jason 16

sorry dave but they are right
Old 03-06-2010, 11:46 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16 View Post
sorry dave but they are right
we'll see
Old 03-07-2010, 03:46 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
we'll see
Looks like we did. ( I was pulling for Jens to win.. just cause he is likable.. but it's clear he has lost a few steps)
Old 03-07-2010, 04:33 AM
Stump Rules!

Oh damn

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 03-07-2010, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
Oh damn
Same here.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:50 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Old 03-07-2010, 06:42 AM
3dlee

Really thought this would've turned out different. Sorry, bro. I am a huge og MFS fan. I even hate hearing about Big Timmy losing. He'll be back.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:52 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

I still love him you know