Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 03-04-2010, 01:50 PM
logrus

Dave just doesn't like my history on picking the winners of the Pulver fights.

Pulver vs Penn (L)

Pulver vs Cub (W)

Pulver vs Faber (L)

Pulver vs Garcia (L)

Pulver vs Faber II (L)

Pulver vs Grispi (L)

As you can see I am officially 6-0 when picking a Jens fight. There is nobody in these forums with a better record on fight picks other then Max and Que..
Old 03-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Dave just doesn't like my history on picking the winners of the Pulver fights.

Pulver vs Penn (L)

Pulver vs Cub (W)

Pulver vs Faber (L)

Pulver vs Garcia (L)

Pulver vs Faber II (L)

Pulver vs Grispi (L)

As you can see I am officially 6-0 when picking a Jens fight. There is nobody in these forums with a better record on fight picks other then Max and Que..
Dave just doesnt like you full stop

...and as for better picks...have you kept a count of every single pick you've made, because since my return from the United States last September, I HAVE
Old 03-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

okay so now I feel odd. I mentioned if you watched the video about a artical I read on the WEC homepage where Javier talked about closing the coffin lid on Jens, and because I had him as a friend on myspace from some time ago, I told him I didnt think it was a very nice thing to say.

...and he appologised He said he didnt mean to offend me but meant it as a figure of speech.

Its so irritating that some of these fighters who fight each other are both nice people in general.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:26 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Dave just doesnt like you full stop

...and as for better picks...have you kept a count of every single pick you've made, because since my return from the United States last September, I HAVE
sure because I don't make picks very often, Usually just keep it to the main card, or fighter I am sumwhat interested in. Jens is easy cause I always win. Thats why I can easily remember his pay days lol.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
sure because I don't make picks very often, Usually just keep it to the main card, or fighter I am sumwhat interested in. Jens is easy cause I always win. Thats why I can easily remember his pay days lol.

Well, everybodies unbeaten until they are beaten

I think he will win.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:30 PM
logrus

Quote:

Well, everybodies unbeaten until they are beaten

I think he will win.
But he was beaten, 5 out of his last 6, and beaten bad I might add.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
But he was beaten, 5 out of his last 6, and beaten bad I might add.
well then Statistically he should win at some point soon shouldnt he.

The laugh of all this is, that when an MMA fighter that everyone loves falls on hard times...the institution feeds them cans.

Which can has Jens Pulver fought??There was BJ Penn, who is known to be one of the best fighters the world has ever seen, there has been Leonard Garcia, of contendership status, there has been Faber, twice...who the MMA media did hail a p4p best before he recently lost.

Lauzon was explained away by Jens, that he didnt focus on the fight but on his return, and you could say with Grispi it was an off night.

You know, its TRUE that he is a little older then he was...but the least you could do is show some respect, unlike, a lot of those aging Fighters...Jens Pulver is STILL fighting world class tallent, He's still fighting the best He isnt being fed anything, he hasnt been beaten by a bunch of no names, he's been beaten by only some of the best in the world...

You just havent got a clue have you.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:39 PM
Maldonado136

Quote:

Lauzon was explained away by Jens, that he didnt focus on the fight but on his return, and you could say with Grispi it was an off night.
look we respect him but we also have the right to say that we dont like his chances in this fight. if he wins and proves us wrong then awesome but you act like it is insane to pick any fighter to beat pulver ever. and i would pick lauzon to beat pulver in a rematch anyway. it doesnt mean i dont respect jens. it is pointless to debate this with someone who is a hardcore incredibly biased (i couldnt find a nicer phrase to say i dont mean to be mean lol) fan. its great that you are as loyal as you are but you wont be swaying my opinions.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136 View Post
look we respect him but we also have the right to say that we dont like his chances in this fight. if he wins and proves us wrong then awesome but you act like it is insane to pick any fighter to beat pulver ever. and i would pick lauzon to beat pulver in a rematch anyway. it doesnt mean i dont respect jens. it is pointless to debate this with someone who is a hardcore incredibly biased (i couldnt find a nicer phrase to say i dont mean to be mean lol) fan. its great that you are as loyal as you are but you wont be swaying my opinions.
Okay let me ask you another question.

IF Jens had beaten Grispi, Swanson, and Lauzon. Would you still think he stood no chance against Javi?

See I reckon your strongly biased by his past defeats, you think, well he lost to the best, fair enough, but he also lost to those who arent known to be good...ergo he's past it and will loose every single fight from here on, Grispi, prooves that...and Swanson by the same end means nothing.

...and yet my thoughts are also...that if Jens Pulver were to win this next fight and be matched against another, higher quality opponent, you'd probably then choose to say he would win...which is completely contradictory, in essence your only actually saying that he's only as good as his last fight...if he loses, he'll lose again, if he wins, he'll win again

I'd rather be loyal, or disloyal to a fighter...then to kinda jump like that. The phrase of only being as good as your last fight is bollox.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:35 PM
logrus

Quote:
Okay let me ask you another question.

IF Jens had beaten Grispi, Swanson, and Lauzon. Would you still think he stood no chance against Javi?

See I reckon your strongly biased by his past defeats, you think, well he lost to the best, fair enough, but he also lost to those who arent known to be good...ergo he's past it and will loose every single fight from here on, Grispi, prooves that...and Swanson by the same end means nothing.

...and yet my thoughts are also...that if Jens Pulver were to win this next fight and be matched against another, higher quality opponent, you'd probably then choose to say he would win...which is completely contradictory, in essence your only actually saying that he's only as good as his last fight...if he loses, he'll lose again, if he wins, he'll win again

I'd rather be loyal, or disloyal to a fighter...then to kinda jump like that. The phrase of only being as good as your last fight is bollox.
Thanks, but thats how people pick fights. They base it on fighter styles and fighters records. PEople also pick fighters based on if they like them or if they hate them. Sometimes they bounce back and forth.

1-5 vs 0-2 is such a boring fight anyways. One thing for certain if Jens loses he will still be around to lose a dozen more and the other guy will be let go regardless.