Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-01-2010, 08:01 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheConcretekid View Post
All those pinko-commie-socialist nations in Northern Europe have better health care than the US, they are living longer, with lower infant mortality rates, and SPENDING LESS
(though we have a lot of MRI machines)

Yeah and I'm really sure that this comes from a reliable source and that there is no fuzzy math involved.

Who are these "Visual Economics" people and why should be believe a single word that they say?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-01-2010, 08:05 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
We only pay more because there is more treatment available.

Shorter, unhealthier lives? That is due to people's laziness and lack of taking responsibilty for themselves. That has nothing to do with our healthcare system.

If you are educated and know how to use our system then you can't find better healthcare any where in the world. I hope my kids will be educated and take better care of themselves.
Exactly Americans have more options available, thus the quality of our healthcare is much better than those other nations. And, as everyone knows, you pay more for quality.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-01-2010, 08:11 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Yeah and I'm really sure that this comes from a reliable source and that there is no fuzzy math involved.

Who are these "Visual Economics" people and why should be believe a single word that they say?
Actually the data was collected by the Kaiser Family Foundation, and I haven't seen or read anything that suggests they are anything but independent, but I was thinking the same thing at first too.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-01-2010, 08:26 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
I blame teen pregnancies and Hispanics, but that's just me.
? I don't get it..
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-01-2010, 08:29 PM
County Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
? I don't get it..
Come into my room and I'll explain it to you. ;)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-01-2010, 08:40 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Actually the data was collected by the Kaiser Family Foundation, and I haven't seen or read anything that suggests they are anything but independent, but I was thinking the same thing at first too.
I don't know too much Kaiser Foundation, but I would also question the agenda of whoever put together that little bit of visual propaganda that ConcreteKid posted.

Regardless, the American people have spoken out loud and clear that we do not want Obama's healthcare reform. The Democrats can continue to push it forward at their own peril.

However, the point is moot, we all know that healthcare costs are out of control and that something needs to be done, but the "insurance Company Bailout" plan that is Obamacare is NOT what we need at all.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Come into my room and I'll explain it to you. ;)
Lol..
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I don't know too much Kaiser Foundation, but I would also question the agenda of whoever put together that little bit of visual propaganda that ConcreteKid posted.

Regardless, the American people have spoken out loud and clear that we do not want Obama's healthcare reform. The Democrats can continue to push it forward at their own peril.

However, the point is moot, we all know that healthcare costs are out of control and that something needs to be done, but the "insurance Company Bailout" plan that is Obamacare is NOT what we need at all.
I used to work for them for a few years. Large HMO basically they are into preventive medicine... Lots of lawsuits for denying members referrals to specialists.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-01-2010, 09:01 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I don't know too much Kaiser Foundation, but I would also question the agenda of whoever put together that little bit of visual propaganda that ConcreteKid posted.

Regardless, the American people have spoken out loud and clear that we do not want Obama's healthcare reform. The Democrats can continue to push it forward at their own peril.

However, the point is moot, we all know that healthcare costs are out of control and that something needs to be done, but the "insurance Company Bailout" plan that is Obamacare is NOT what we need at all.
I went on the Visual Economics website and it seems largely geared towards economic issues rather than political based ones, but we know that goes hand in hand most times.

I may not always know the exact intentions of the foundations and websites that put things like this together, but the one thing that I think I have a pretty firm grasp on, is the intention when posting it here. It's a common trend amongst some, but I will refrain from bloviating too much on the issue so as not to insight any more flame wars this week.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-01-2010, 10:19 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I went on the Visual Economics website and it seems largely geared towards economic issues rather than political based ones, but we know that goes hand in hand most times.

I may not always know the exact intentions of the foundations and websites that put things like this together, but the one thing that I think I have a pretty firm grasp on, is the intention when posting it here. It's a common trend amongst some, but I will refrain from bloviating too much on the issue so as not to insight any more flame wars this week.
Hey we are all adults here and don't ever withhold your opinion buddy. ..We can all agree to disagree and don't worry about the flame wars no big deal im speaking for myself personally, but just thought I would throw my 2 cents in..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.