Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 02-26-2010, 08:41 PM
Black Mamba

Default Noose found @ Local College

This is the college's 3rd racial incident in 2 weeks.

First one was about the Compton-themed party:
http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=12013326

Second one was a show mocking blacks:
http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=12030737

And now this...and this dude was stupid enough to admit it:
http://www.cbs8.com/global/story.asp?s=12051843

The reason why this such a big deal is here in CA, the UC (University of California system) is not only notoriously hard to get into, cost a fortune per quarter (Try around $40K for UCLA for instance), but are also notoriously racist. Most of these school accepts a huge majority of whites and asians, with very few minorities. UCSD's black population is under 2%. And don't even get me started about UCLA and UC Berkerly. I tried to get into a summer seminar at Berkerly during my junior year in highschool and I got rejected. I was more than qualified, had a great recommendations, and still got turned down.

And interestingly enough, there are peeps out there who still don't consider the noose a big deal. Well to them, I got this for you:

Exerpt in the autobiography of Angelo Herndon titled “Let Me Live”:

“I know many stories about Negroes who were lynched on no more just provocation than this. Sometimes the lynch mobs need neither provocation nor excuse to carry on their bestial orgies. Often I used to read with horror about the lynching of some Negro worker in the South. The most gruesome, the most disgusting lynching story I ever heard was that which concerned Hayes and Mary turner, Negro sharecroppers in Georgia. They were pauperized and their landlord had tried to rob them of everything they had produced on their land with the toil of their hands and the seat of their brows. The share cropper was man enough to stand up for his rights. He demanded that the farm products be divided equally, as had been agreed upon at the beginning of the year. The landlord grew violently abusive. He threatened him and said he would “fix” him. Terrified out of his wits, for he knew that his landlord would not stop at anything to revenge himself, Hayes Turner tried to make a quite getaway. But his landlord had not allowed grass to grow on his track. He quickly organized a posse of hooligans and the most disreputable elements in the community and gave chase to the runaway. The posse, led by the County Sheriff, caught up with Hayes Turner at the fork of the road near Barney. THEY STRUNG HIM UP ON A TREE AT WAYSIDE WHERE HE HUNG FOR TWO DAYS. Hysterical and grief-stricken, Mrs. Turner was heard to remark that she would have the lynchers arrested. When the lynch mob heard of her determination they decided they were going to teach her a lesson for such a presumption. Although she was in the eighth month of her pregnancy, THEY STRUNG HER TO A TREE AND BROKE HER NECK. THEY HANGED HER BY HER FEET AND POURED GASOLINE OVER HER. As she burned, the mob howled with glee. Then one maniac, wielding a hog-splitting knife, RIPPED HER BELLY OPEN AND THE LITTLE INFANT FELL OUT. ONE OF THE LYNCHERS STAMPED THE INFANT WITH HIS HOBNAILED SHOES INTO THE EARTH. Then the mob, driven with wild bestiality, began to howl like wolves and in their criminal sadism fired hundreds of bullets into her lifeless body.”
Old 02-26-2010, 08:56 PM

I did some googling because I didn't want that story to be true. But it is.

It still astounds me the depths of evil man can sink to in the abuse of another person. It makes me want to resign from the human race.

There is NO excuse for displaying a noose. It isn't funny; it isn't satire. I equate it with minimizing the impact of the swastika.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:35 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I did some googling because I didn't want that story to be true. But it is.

It still astounds me the depths of evil man can sink to in the abuse of another person. It makes me want to resign from the human race.

There is NO excuse for displaying a noose. It isn't funny; it isn't satire. I equate it with minimizing the impact of the swastika.
+1
Old 02-27-2010, 12:33 AM
Chuck

From the article...

Quote:
A University of California statement said a student admitted she and two other people were responsible. The statement did not identify the students or their race or include a motive.
When taking the other acts on campus into consideration I can understand why this would be considered racist but if this were an isolated act I would have a hard time calling it "racist" based off of the information in the article.

Hanging people as a form of execution has been used on far more Caucasian people then any other race in history. Obviously it's most predominate recent use has been against African Americans in the Civil Rights movement but to me a noose alone holds no racial meaning.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:46 AM
Administrator

College campuses have been breeding grounds for hate ever since they were taken over by left-wing radicals. While the occasional racist incident against African-Americans will get the most attention and sensationalization, Anti-Semitism has been on the rise in college campuses for well over a decade now.

A report from 2007:
http://www.schaler.net/Marcus.pdf

An article about Anti-Semitism on campus on the ADL (Anti-Defamation League) website from 1997:
http://www.adl.org/presrele/asus_12/3036_12.asp

It's funny how this gets completely swept under the rug, but somebody puts up a noose on a college campus when we have a black President and suddenly everyone is up in arms. Kind of a double standard if you ask me.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:03 AM

I think it's more than a double standard - it's blatant anti-semitism. Probably most don't remember when the Bus#19 tour hit Berkeley because the MSM didn't cover it.

http://zombietime.com/bus_19_berkeley/
Old 02-27-2010, 02:08 AM

That first link has some really ugly stuff, Nate.

Just another reason why ANY hateful representations are out of place in our schools and universities.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:07 AM
atomdanger

I don't know why the percentage of blacks at certain schools matters,
we aren't allowed to have whites only schools,
but there are black colleges.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Historically, colleges in the US were "white"; yes, there are black-founded colleges but whites are not barred from attending them. Look here:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...7/ai_60041426/
Old 02-27-2010, 03:17 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
anyone can attend a black college