Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 02-27-2010, 06:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscomc View Post
Big DEAL. Alot of different heads of states and diplomats have come to the US for treatment. Here is the punchline, THEY CAN AFFORD IT EASILY!!! could you pay for the kind of surgery that Danny Williams had? you dont have to tell me your finances, as its not my business, but could you easily shell out what he did and then just go back to your working day without the cost associated worry? I am going to go out on a whimb and say NO.
Of course he can afford it, he's paid with your tax dollars!

Could I afford that care? No, but what does that prove? It simply proves that QUALITY care costs money. If your country had QUALITY care, then maybe this guy wouldn't need to come to America to get treatment.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:17 AM
Rev

The companies are a huge part of the problem, but they still serve a purpose. You would be suprised the coverage available to say a school teacher. The biggest part of the insurance problem is on the hospital and doctor side of the transactions. From both the insurance company and the hosp/doc.
It is a very sick picture of greed and quiet politics.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:18 AM
mscomc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Of course he can afford it, he's paid with your tax dollars!

Could I afford that care? No, but what does that prove? It simply proves that QUALITY care costs money. If your country had QUALITY care, then maybe this guy wouldn't need to come to America to get treatment.
Quality care eh? you mean something newer then leeches?

I dont disagree, the POTENTIAL for the greatest care is in united states. After all, this where all the major pharam and biotech companies are and do their resarch. This guy could have gotten treatment in canada, it just would have been more invasive, which would have stank, but i highly doubt he was gonna die.

I go back to word potential. This is just my oppinion, it doesnt matter how GREAT the care CAN be. If not everyone, like yourself can access it, then its not a good system. Despite our talks in the past, i dont think Canada has a better health care system than the US (i just like arguing with you) but i dont think the US has better treatment either. Both systems need an overhaul is what i really think. Whether that be with insurance companies, pharma companies...i dont know.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:31 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
You would be suprised the coverage available to say a school teacher. The biggest part of the insurance problem is on the hospital and doctor side of the transactions. From both the insurance company and the hosp/doc.
It is a very sick picture of greed and quiet politics.
My dad is a janitor for the public school system in New Mexico and the healthcare plan he's provided covered his heart surgery AND brain surgery for my mom (she had an electronic implant put in to control her epileptic seizures). So, you don't need to be a Canadian politician to afford quality healthcare in the US.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscomc View Post
If not everyone, like yourself can access it, then its not a good system.
I would disagree. That's like claiming that a BMW is not a high quality car because not everyone can afford one.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:00 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
we would not have many of the problems that we have right now.... we would have a completely new set of problems .
that would be true
Old 02-27-2010, 09:32 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

I strongly believe that if America got a socialized health care system that would become the norm! On a side note I would like to point out that here in America if you show up at an ER with a life threatening illness they are required by law to stabilize you to the best of their ability.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:03 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
I would disagree. That's like claiming that a BMW is not a high quality car because not everyone can afford one.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:20 AM
mscomc

Quote:
I am sorry, I fundamentally disagree. That is NOT the same thing.

Health care is a service you receive and the BMW is a product that you use. If you were without the BMW is your life going to be any worse? No, it would just be nice to have one, but its not required.

If you didnt have healthcare or you have no access to it, that can be a matter of life and death. I dont think it is relevant to compare healthcare to a car, to me that is comparing apples and oranges.

Even if I did agree with you analogy of the car and not everyone affording it, then your saying that:

Good Healthcare --- for the rich / really well insured
Bad healthcare (and whatever is left) --- for the poor / poorly insured or not insured

Maybe that is ok for you, I don't think it is. But maybe that is where we have to agree to disagree.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:16 AM
Rev

So should our government provide everyone with the same healthcare? If someone works hard and can afford it or has the insurance should they not be allowed to get the best available healthcare just because there are some who cant?

So I have a neighbor who works hard and studies his tail off and goes through college so he can get a good job in an office and not outside sweating like the rest of us. Is it wrong for him to buy American Eagle clothing because he can, while the rest of us can only afford wranglers and levis? Should he be forced to buy wranglers and levis or are we all entitled to American Eagle? (In the name of equality of coarse) Both are going to cover our butts and keep us warm, some are just better quality(look better, feel better, last longer).

In America, (as far as I know) everyone has some type of healthcare available to them, some are just better quality(faster, closer to home, more convenient).