Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 02-27-2010, 02:37 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Which is why the Canadian Premier, Danny Williams came to America for his heart surgery:

Wow, I could spend all day dissecting the ignorance displayed in your post. Can you think for yourself, or are you only able to parrot Liberal talking points? .
I'm not saying the healthcare itself is atrocious, I'm talking more about insurance companies and the costs of hospital visits and medicine(can you not agree that the cost is outrageous)...Of course the doctors are better, that is why the Canadian Premier came because he has the funds readily available to pay for it, I am referring to working class people

Secondly, I take no political affiliation and do not support obamacare as you refer to it, why is it that whenever someone disagrees with you it is because they are brainwashed by the liberal media?

Third, I am very grateful of everything of everything veterans of the past and present have done for us, but I am simply asking what liberties you are referring to in our current healthcare. Are you referring to the ability to choose our own doctors or what exactly are you refering to?

Last, it appears you are against socialized healthcare, as am i, but i do think that it needs to be modified in ways, especially how health insurance companies conduct their business....I am with you in that I do not want a socialized government or socialized healthcare, but are you against absolutely any socialized group or agency in the USA?
Old 02-27-2010, 02:39 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
How much money do you think you will be paying for everything else if we have to hike taxes to pay for national health care?

How long do you think people in other countries who have national health care have to wait for treatment?

Yeah, we have problems with our system here in America, but a national system is not the answer.
Nowhere in my post did I call for socialized healthcare, I would like to see some changes be made, but I do not believe in a national healthcare system
Old 02-27-2010, 02:59 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
Nowhere in my post did I call for socialized healthcare, I would like to see some changes be made, but I do not believe in a national healthcare system
Fair enough, but you did imply that our system is worse than their system, so even though you didn't actually call for nationalized health care, it's easy to see where somebody would think that is what you are saying.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:31 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Fair enough, but you did imply that our system is worse than their system, so even though you didn't actually call for nationalized health care, it's easy to see where somebody would think that is what you are saying.
I wasn't saying that are system is worse, that wasn't my intention, I can see where it would be taken that way though, poor choice of words, my bad
Old 02-27-2010, 03:45 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
I wasn't saying that are system is worse, that wasn't my intention, I can see where it would be taken that way though, poor choice of words, my bad
It's all good.

I agree with you about those things though. It does suck that health care is so expensive, and it does suck that the system is so bogged down.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:17 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Third, I am very grateful of everything of everything veterans of the past and present have done for us, but I am simply asking what liberties you are referring to in our current healthcare. Are you referring to the ability to choose our own doctors or what exactly are you refering to?
I'm talking about the liberty to live our lives as we see fit, not as the government tells us. This is not about wanting to deny people access to healthcare, it's about getting the federal government out of our lives and stopping the biggest power grab by a US President in American history.

Healthcare is simply a problem that the federal government cannot solve.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:45 AM
Rev

A HUGE part of the problem is with the inssurance companies. We have let them get away with stuff for so long that they can almost do whatever they want now.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:57 AM
mscomc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Which is why the Canadian Premier, Danny Williams came to America for his heart surgery:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/can...Yz_6_b-gsGGDxA

Of course, he only came here because our quality of healthcare here in America is so atrocious.

Big DEAL. Alot of different heads of states and diplomats have come to the US for treatment. Here is the punchline, THEY CAN AFFORD IT EASILY!!! could you pay for the kind of surgery that Danny Williams had? you dont have to tell me your finances, as its not my business, but could you easily shell out what he did and then just go back to your working day without the cost associated worry? I am going to go out on a whimb and say NO.

Last edited by mscomc; 02-27-2010 at 05:02 AM.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:01 AM
Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscomc View Post
Big DEAL. Alot of different heads of states and diplomats have come to the US for treatment. Here is the punchline, THEY CAN AFFORD IT EASILY!!! could you pay for the kind of surgery that Danny Williams had? you dont have to tell me your finances, as its not my business, but could you easily shell out what he did and then just go back to your working day without the cost associated with that kind of surgery. I am going to go out on a whimb and say NO.
Umm, because of the private insurance that some here in AMERICA enjoy(for now), I'm going to say YUP.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:09 AM
mscomc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Umm, because of the private insurance that some here in AMERICA enjoy(for now), I'm going to say YUP.
and your premiums just stay where they are? no change? For a surgery like that?

And the insurrance that SOME have in america? how many would have the coverage to get the kind of cardiac surgery that premier Danny Williams needed? Do you? I dont think nate does, as he has made clear in previous posts in different topics. Thats all im pointing out.

Also, Didnt you just finish posting "A HUGE part of the problem is with the inssurance companies".

Look im not getting into a debate over bad US care or GOOD Canadian care or vice versa....just pointing out that ridiculous statement Nate made about the canadian premier and him seeking care in the U.S. Its anectodal, just like is the case with americans who come to canada for treatment (albeit through sneaky ways)