Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 02-25-2010, 02:08 PM
KevinD

sorry, my misunderstanding

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
We're not making jokes about the cross. We're making jokes about this woman's stupid idea.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:53 PM
Hughes fanboy

Jesus died on the CROSS.

Typical liberal "Christians", in their apostasy they seek to redefine the implicit meaning of Christianity. Speaking of Jesus, I believe he was quoted saying --

On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.' Matthew 7:22-23

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 02-25-2010, 03:01 PM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
This is just sad.

I suspect Nate might add, "Here is a few more perfect examples of why women shouldn't lead in the church."
Well I hope he would understand that there is a difference between women and STUPID women.

Especially, stupid feminist women.

I hope that symbol of the breast keeps her warm and well fed when she passes on...............
Old 02-25-2010, 03:05 PM
surveyorshawn

The cross is the symbol of Christianity, and that is what the church is supposed to represent, not mother earth. Christianity revolves around Jesus. Last time I checked, Jesus didn't have boobs. His work was made complete with His death on the cross for our sins, His burial, and His resurrection from the grave. Paul said if Jesus was not raised from the dead, then we have believed in vain. He did not nurse his followers at his bosom, he died for our sins and rose again in victory over sin so we can live and walk in that victory. Can someone say apostate and anti-Christ? This woman's comments are nothing but a thinly veiled return to the fertility goddess worship of eons past. Just like Solomon said, there is nothing new under the sun. I would hate to be the church that gets its lamp post taken away, but it's certainly coming.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:41 PM
Stump Rules!

Ridiculous!

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-25-2010, 04:32 PM

Oh brother, what next...
Old 02-25-2010, 06:15 PM

Good grief! Someone needs to revoked her PhD. You should be required to have at least some common sense to get one of those.

Thank goodness breast milk isn't required to get into heaven....cause I didn't get any. Not only that, but my momma fed my twin twice and I didn't get ANY milk then either! True story!
Old 02-25-2010, 06:33 PM
Miss Foxy

Makes me sick!!
Old 02-25-2010, 11:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Good grief! Someone needs to revoked her PhD. You should be required to have at least some common sense to get one of those.

Thank goodness breast milk isn't required to get into heaven....cause I didn't get any. Not only that, but my momma fed my twin twice and I didn't get ANY milk then either! True story!
Poor Bonnie.

~Amy
Old 02-25-2010, 11:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
This is just sad.

I suspect Nate might add, "Here is a few more perfect examples of why women shouldn't lead in the church."
This woman is simply a heretic, nothing more.

Although I would say that neither the "lactating breast" nor the cross are appropriate symbols for Christianity.

The symbol of the cross is purely pagan in origin and was not retroactively attached to Christianity until nearly 3 centuries after Christ's Resurrection.

I we just have to assign a symbol to Christianity, then something like the Messianic Seal would be more appropriate.