Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 02-25-2010, 12:23 AM
atomdanger

Default Drug Testing / food stamps + cash benefits

I've always wondered why we don't drug test people who get food stamps and stuff?
Anybody else have an opinion on this?

I know right now any random Joe who makes under "X" amount can get 200 dollars in food stamps.
The problem is every crackhead on earth signs up, then sells them for 100 cash, and buys drugs.

Drug testing isn't cheap, but these aren't high level athletes,
even the cheap urine tests would work. Seems to make sense to me,
if they fail, fine them for the cost of the test.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:26 AM
Stump Rules!

Hell yeah...but it'll never happen.You can practically get your food stamps while your in line at the methadone clinic getting your free drugs.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-25-2010, 12:32 AM
Chris F

Better yet all these jobs no one allegdedly wants that the illegals are needed for should be mandatory to recive any benifit, or they can opt to do a Min. Wage job at least do something other then sitting on ones backside and enjoying the fruits of another's labor. And also churches need to do more so taxes are not raised to do what they should have been doing all along. If they stopped building mini Mecas's they could feed a lot of people.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:11 AM
CAMPO

this has always annoyed the crap outta me! I totally understand that some people really do need assistance, that's fine - but if it is honest.

But nope, almos every retard, druggie, drunk & lazy butt that takes the time to apply for govt help can get it....rather than going to find a job & make an honest living.

I can remember my mother buying groceries for herself, me & my 2 bros food with food stamps, but she had enough cash to buy her beer & ciggs....UGH...never EVER made any freaking sense.

will it ever change? I sure hope so! Not very likely, but hope is a good thing, no matter what
Old 02-25-2010, 01:27 AM
Stump Rules!

It just goes with the outfit Campo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPO View Post
this has always annoyed the crap outta me! I totally understand that some people really do need assistance, that's fine - but if it is honest.

But nope, almos every retard, druggie, drunk & lazy butt that takes the time to apply for govt help can get it....rather than going to find a job & make an honest living.

I can remember my mother buying groceries for herself, me & my 2 bros food with food stamps, but she had enough cash to buy her beer & ciggs....UGH...never EVER made any freaking sense.

will it ever change? I sure hope so! Not very likely, but hope is a good thing, no matter what

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-25-2010, 01:37 AM
Chris F

Most school now have on site social workers and they force parents to apply. another reason why we took our kids out of the Govt's indoctrinations centers (public schools)
Old 02-25-2010, 01:38 AM
CAMPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
It just goes with the outfit Campo
I was so embarassed when she did that, I felt like I was cheating the system & I was only 10!!! At least I learned & knew better!!!
Old 02-25-2010, 01:53 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPO View Post
I was so embarassed when she did that, I felt like I was cheating the system & I was only 10!!! At least I learned & knew better!!!
I know exactly what you mean.. my family would sell them for 50% off...

was totally ashamed...

When they switched to the "credit card" looking card.. it became a bit harder.. but I am sure it still goes on.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:57 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
I know exactly what you mean.. my family would sell them for 50% off...

was totally ashamed...

When they switched to the "credit card" looking card.. it became a bit harder.. but I am sure it still goes on.
It does. My wife sees it all the time at Wal Mart people actually exchange cash right in her line.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:59 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Drug testing people on government aid is a good idea in theory, but it's just not realistically worth it.

First of all, where do you draw the line? Can a person not have booze in their system if they are on food stamps? A majority of the people who are actually addicts abusing the system are alcoholics, not users of hard street drugs like crack, heroin, or meth.

Second, the majority of people on food stamps are NOT drug abusers. It may seem that way in some neighborhoods, but overall they are a small number of people in the system and we would end up spending more money on testing everyone then we would save money by weeding out a handful of people who abuse the system.