Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-24-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Am I the only one that likes Frank Mir? I like him, however his comment about Lesnar was way outta line..
Mir fanboy in the flesh right here... (I'm talking about myself lol)....
People do and say things they regret saying and doing all the time. I can forgive and forget. Especially since I'm a fanboy hehe.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:37 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Mir's comments were incredibly dumb, and he looks even dumber now by issuing an apology in the form of a prepared statement released by the UFC.

Clearly he is still bitter about the Lesnar situation. In Mir's head, he was supposed to be the guy that took out the big bad "fake-wrestler" and solidify himself as one of the top stars in MMA while going on a run as HW champ. In reality, people feel like he only won the first fight with Lesnar because he got extremely lucky and in the rematch he got completely destroyed. I mean, seriously, Mir's face looked like Rocky Dennis from the movie Mask when he came out for the 2nd round in the rematch, and fans are supposed to be interested seeing them fight again?

Mir is now stuck looking at what he sees as possibly his last chance at a really big payday in a rubber match with Lesnar, so he has to do and say whatever it takes to generate interest. I honestly think most fans could care less about a 3rd fight with Mir, they just want to see Lesnar fight, regardless of who it is.

I aggree. If Dana White had not spoken to him, he wouldnt have appologised...ergo...its not much of an appology...but then, he propbably only said it for hype in the first place and didnt mean what he said in the first place

so the whole thing is just a complete and utter waste of time. I wish some Fighters would just quit talking alltogether

Carwin will shut him up hopefully
Old 02-25-2010, 11:03 AM
Buc Nasty

Ahh, is Frank still crying about this....

Old 02-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Rev

I dont see frank winning against Brock ever again aside from catching a lucky sub. How can we talking about Brock having an advantage over Mir because of his size and strength, and then mention him fighting Lyoto or AS?
Old 02-25-2010, 03:15 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
Ahh, is Frank still crying about this....

haha .. classic photo .. i am by no means a brock fan, but against mur, i am .. LOL
Old 03-11-2010, 05:02 PM
LouMessina

Exclamation Frank Mir v. Brock Lesnar

I've been a big Frank Mir fan since day one. I don't think anything will change that (unless he kicks my ass for no reason). I agree Frank's comment went too far. However, there are situations when everyone has done the same. His apology was more than many people would do.

Frank's loss hasn't changed my opinion of him as a fighter at all. Nor has it changed my opinion of Lesnar as a fighter.

Lesnar went into the first match with Frank and tried MMA tactics. He failed miserably.

His tactics in the second match were more like what you would see in the WWE or a steel cage match. At one point he clutched Frank's throat and looked as though he would not have been reluctant to rip it out.

What we saw was a seasoned MMA fighter using MMA tactics, fighting someone whose UFC career, which was supposed to be lucrative ($200,000.00 minimum per match, which is what he got for his first fight with Frank), now in question because of the first match. He was desperate, and resorted to any tactics he could to save his career. His tactics and behavior in the ring were exactly the image the UFC has been trying to eliminate.

I believe Frank's comments were motivated by Lesnar's tactics, and not by the matche's outcome.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouMessina View Post
I've been a big Frank Mir fan since day one. I don't think anything will change that (unless he kicks my ass for no reason). I agree Frank's comment went too far. However, there are situations when everyone has done the same. His apology was more than many people would do.

Frank's loss hasn't changed my opinion of him as a fighter at all. Nor has it changed my opinion of Lesnar as a fighter.

Lesnar went into the first match with Frank and tried MMA tactics. He failed miserably.

His tactics in the second match were more like what you would see in the WWE or a steel cage match. At one point he clutched Frank's throat and looked as though he would not have been reluctant to rip it out.

What we saw was a seasoned MMA fighter using MMA tactics, fighting someone whose UFC career, which was supposed to be lucrative ($200,000.00 minimum per match, which is what he got for his first fight with Frank), now in question because of the first match. He was desperate, and resorted to any tactics he could to save his career. His tactics and behavior in the ring were exactly the image the UFC has been trying to eliminate.

I believe Frank's comments were motivated by Lesnar's tactics, and not by the matche's outcome.
The unfortunate thing is that we are all responsible for our own actions.

Brock Lesnar is not a perfect example...but WADR the UFC is also trying to stamp out stupid comments like the one Frank Mir made...so now rather then one numbskull...we have two...and we are to blame Brock Lesnar for both??

Nah...pull the other one, its got bells on it.

Brock Lesnar has to learn to control himself after a match. He has to work on being professional. He's only had a few bouts, he is, for want of a better word, still a noob. Regardless of the level he's competing with.

But Frank Mir should know better. He's NOT a noob. He's fought and held the title. It is more of a disgrace because he isnt in that level of the learning curve anymore. Regardless of what Brock Lesnar did...Frank Mir is wholly responsible for those words...not for the outcome of a match, not for Brock Lesnars lack of showmanship...but for his own words...which have now sparked a range of comments from other fighters which are equally of poor taste.

Appologising because you are forced to by the Administration, is not whats required.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Shoots like a girl

I was Lesner fan when he was with WWE, but when he came to UFC and I got to see the real Brock Lesner I wasnt impressed at all. I do like Frank Mir. I know he can be a jerk, but I like him! He was out of line bigtime, but who doesnt get pissed and say things they shouldnt or that they dont mean? I was happy with his apology.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:05 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

I'm one of the biggest Brock nuthuggers on this board and even I think it's stupid that Mir had to apologize for this. BJ Penn was quoted "...to the death" and licks the blood of his opponents yet, nobody jumped on his ass about it.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:16 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
BJ Penn was quoted "...to the death" and licks the blood of his opponents yet, nobody jumped on his ass about it.
Excuse me...but I bring that up constantly...particularly the amount of crap he used to spout at Jens

The UFC wont punish Penn because he's still a favoured one of theirs...even if the novelty of that has worne off somewhat also

Tags
lesnar, mir