Old 02-22-2010, 05:53 AM
Stump Rules!

Default 2010 Census Questions

Comments?

http://easylink.playstream.com/jerry...00x224_300.flv

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-22-2010, 12:37 PM
Twinsmama

I wonder if what he is saying is the truth. i don't believe the government should ask all of those personal questions. I don't feel like most of it is their business. I wonder if they are really keeping the GPS coordinates now? How would that be more beneficial to them than an address? Has anyone on here been "interviewed" by the census bureau? I don't have much patience for nosey people and would probably cut them off short if I felt like they were being too personal.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:48 AM
Buzzard

No video played, don't know what was said.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:08 AM

Wow, great video, Michelle. I knew the census workers were going to be asking people many personal questions; this is just another erosion of our privacy rights. I wonder if Caroline Kennedy is going to speak out about it?

His questions were excellent and I'm going to follow his suggestions.

The census bureau has spent $133 million of our tax money on it's latest advertising campaign. Now THAT was money well spent, eh?

In our state they are hiring people @ $13/hr to be census takers; apparently, you get to make up your own schedule...

Sound familiar?
Old 02-23-2010, 04:27 AM

Oh, pffft, I'm monopolizing the conversations. Would someone please post and knock my name off the front page...
Old 02-23-2010, 04:31 AM
Stump Rules!

Flo

I forgot I posted this in the morning before work.Completely forgot about it.ANYWAY...I'm going for it.If/when they come for me I'm asking if they have a warrant. I'll let you know what happens! Have bail money just in case!

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-23-2010, 10:50 AM
County Mike

I was wondering why they need to advertise the census. It's not a product or service that we can buy, so what's the point in advertising it? Big waste of money. Way to go government.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:20 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

I'm willing to answer Name,age and Race! The only reason I will even give that much is for Genealogy purposes. But income and such I very highly doubt answering.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:02 PM
rearnakedchoke

Yeah, some of those questions are weird ... like KRB, i would give name age and race, and maybe combined family income (they can get that anyway if they wanted) ... i can't remember what they asked here in Canada when they did that, but i don't remember them asking about insurance $$ and stuff like that ..
Old 02-23-2010, 10:51 PM
surveyorshawn

The government is collecting GPS coordinates. As a land surveyor, we are required to turn them in on all government projects now, and many states are starting to require them on all surveys. Also, county tax assessors are now collecting that kind of data on your structures (house, sheds, barns, etc.), as are 911 administrators, etc. It all goes into a massive GIS database. Right now, most of the databases are on a local level, but a national one is currently being compiled, with most of the information being supplied by the agencies I just listed along with the Census Bureau, the Forest Service, the BLM, and information gathered from private surveyors and other sources. Hello, Big Brother....