Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-14-2009, 09:40 PM
Country Breakfast

Default Matt Arroyo Also Cut From UFC

Despite his status as a talented welterweight prospect, potential alone was not enough to keep Matt Arroyo employed by the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

FiveOuncesOfPain.com has confirmed that the Rob Kahn-trained fighter was released from the promotion soon after his split decision loss to Dan Cramer during last month’s UFC 94 event. The bout served as Cramer’s professional debut.

Arroyo, a jiu-jitsu black belt who gained national notoriety after appearing on the sixth season of The Ultimate Fighter, fell to 0-2 in his last two bouts following the defeat against Cramer. The initial loss of his current two fight losing streak took place this June during the live finale for the seventh season of The Ultimate Fighter.

Facing TUF 7 veteran Matt Brown in a rematch from a Renegade Fighting Championships bout that took place in November of 2006, Arroyo fell to 0-2 lifetime against the Team Jorge Gurgel member following a TKO at 3:40 of round 2.

Arroyo departs the UFC with a 1-2 lifetime record inside of the Octagon with a first round armbar submission victory over John Kolosci from the live finale of TUF 6 also to his credit.

He joins a confirmed list of recent releases by the UFC that includes Nate Mohr, Rich Clementi, Luigi Fioravanti, Eddie Sanchez, Christian Wellisch, Reese Andy, and Derek Downey.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:15 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

thats shyte. I'm sorry but he hadnt lost three in a row, and since TUF he'd competed thrice and won once.

He should have been allowed his third strike.

hy get rid of Nate Mohr?? I know he lost his last one but prior to that he hadnt competed in a whole year due to injury.

They are looking for ANY excuse to cut fighters...is not even the UFC safe from the Credit Crunch...dont tell me these are legitamate because they arent...Christian Wellisch aswell??

Luigi has been cut?? are you sure

It frustrates me that if they arent careful it will be one loss equalls termination of contract. Thats the road they are heading towards. 1 poor performance equals termination also. They still have too big a stable, thats there main problem, and now I reckon they are trying cut backs...I cant think of another good reason. Legitamately All these three guys shouldnt have been cut. One loss doesnt equate to termination particularly after a year out. Two losses in a row dont equate to a termination.

Wellisch...well if you ask me they are still punishing AKA fighters...big suprise. Wellisch is from Jon Fitch camp and he lost...so they dont want him. Lets hope Dana White never needs a lawyer to defend him in a criminal Court..lets hope his prosection never hires Christian niether at least he has a different job as I understand it.

Nate Mohr is one of my suckerpunch guys, so I'm pretty pissed about that actually ...Arroyo I dont care about...I just think the judgement is to harsh.

Clementi and Sanchez I'm not suprised about...Downey..well they might start saying debutees have to win in order to get a contract...and Andy went a while ago...they just didnt want him for some reason.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:52 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
thats shyte. I'm sorry but he hadnt lost three in a row, and since TUF he'd competed thrice and won once.

He should have been allowed his third strike.
Ummmm, perhaps you've forgotten his kung fu grip of sarah nether bits? That sounds like strike 3 to me!!!

Quote:
Why get rid of Nate Mohr?? I know he lost his last one but prior to that he hadnt competed in a whole year due to injury.
I think you just answered your own question. With so many fighters in the stable, they can't afford to keep one around that's not producing for them.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:46 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=52276166

Christian Wellisch aint ammused
Old 02-15-2009, 11:54 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
I think you just answered your own question. With so many fighters in the stable, they can't afford to keep one around that's not producing for them.
that was, I think, before he was in the UFC...I'm not sure if he was in it. I was under the impression he just failed his debut...but I could be wrong, I havent been following Suckerpunch for that long and he's not online for me to connect with much.

I just think they deal with their employees in a bad way and one day its gonna bite em on the cheek.

btw I suggested to wellisch that he do just what he said. Start up a proper Union. He's a law man...and the UFC just fired him. Sounds like the perfect candidate. Disgruntled employee sets up Union against former employer
Old 02-16-2009, 12:26 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
With so many fighters in the stable, they can't afford to keep one around that's not producing for them.

See, that may be right.. but I don't think so. What does the UFC do for fighters when they are not fighting?

They don't pay for their camps. Health insurance? Isn't that only good during thier fights??

Maybe it's just to keep their numbers down to ensure that all of their fighters get chances???
Old 02-16-2009, 12:29 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:

btw I suggested to wellisch that he do just what he said. Start up a proper Union. He's a law man...and the UFC just fired him. Sounds like the perfect candidate. Disgruntled employee sets up Union against former employer

IMO, In the States at least.. the "need" for a union is long since past.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:49 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker
See, that may be right.. but I don't think so. What does the UFC do for fighters when they are not fighting?

They don't pay for their camps. Health insurance? Isn't that only good during thier fights??

Maybe it's just to keep their numbers down to ensure that all of their fighters get chances???
It's about the contracts. If they have all their money committed in contracts to lack luster or injured fighters, then they can't go after new talent.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:57 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker
IMO, In the States at least.. the "need" for a union is long since past.
They do need a union. They get treated unfairly and in an incorrect manner.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:05 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
It's about the contracts. If they have all their money committed in contracts to lack luster or injured fighters, then they can't go after new talent.
They dont NEED new tallent at the moment.

There biggest mistake was to flood the stupid ranks with former TUFers who FAILED to make the grade. now they have TUFers all over the place. THATS SAD. That is a BAD mistake. Stephane Bonner for example...he highlighted a card last month...he's a FAILED TUFer...he had no place in the organisation to begin with. The UFC is a laughing stock because it breaks its own rules. TUF winners fight for a contract, and yet half of them get contracts whether they win or lose...and NOW they change the rules which is unfair on the later people involved in the project...but then TUF is no longer about tallent, its about generating pure and unadultorated ratings and advertisement...and the way they do that is by deliberately bringining in fighters who have NO place in the sport let alone in the organisation with the way they represent.

War Machine...Junie Browning...etc

Yet GOOD fighters like Mike Dolce, or Joe Duarte for example...where are they?? No...its absolute and utter bollox and this farse is why Dana White has outlived his position. Sure he did a great job putting it on the map...but now he's in danger of ruining what he's created.

Becareful who you call "lackluster" thats very rude for a fighter who gets injured and simply needs to take time out to heal. We arent talking Matt Serra popped a vertibrae doing a silly demonstration, or Georges Slipped on Sweat...we're talking a legitamate fighter with plenty of potential, who simply has come back from recovery. He's not a repeat offender, so dont try and say thats an issue.