Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 01:59 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Thumbs up Lenten Blog Project

So for the next four weeks I have decided to use my weekly blog to talk about the Four Testimonies of my Spiritual Development. I thought it was a nice way to show how GOD has moved and transformed my life so far...and I thought I'd share it.

Part One begins at the 3.30 min mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3vFeGbDnrM
Old 03-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09G1oS-enls

Part two begins at the 2.40 min mark
Old 03-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st-6zawI5Zw

Part Three begins at the 2.30 min mark.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Hey Dav, I just had a thought: you're supposed to give up something important to you for Lent as proof that you love God or something? Anyway, I had a great idea for next year: You should give up blogging!
Old 03-08-2010, 07:46 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Hey Dav, I just had a thought: you're supposed to give up something important to you for Lent as proof that you love God or something?
Not True.

Your actually supposed to take something up for Lent. Lent is not a time of absence, its a time of focus and preparation, its a penitential season.

The reason people talk about giving up stuff for lent, is actually to do with a semi fast of avoiding certain foods during lent, namely Dairy. Thats what pancakes were all about, useing up the stock of stored dairy...Ironic now that people now go and BUY so they can then USE IT UP.

In terms of my Spiritual Journey, I think Lent began a little early for me this year. I tell you no lie. I have been in the same Season now for about four and a half years, I believe I am on the verge of begining a new Spiritual Season.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Allons-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Not True.

Your actually supposed to take something up for Lent. Lent is not a time of absence, its a time of focus and preparation, its a penitential season.

The reason people talk about giving up stuff for lent, is actually to do with a semi fast of avoiding certain foods during lent, namely Dairy. Thats what pancakes were all about, useing up the stock of stored dairy...Ironic now that people now go and BUY so they can then USE IT UP.

In terms of my Spiritual Journey, I think Lent began a little early for me this year. I tell you no lie. I have been in the same Season now for about four and a half years, I believe I am on the verge of begining a new Spiritual Season.
O, well I've always said I know nothing of Lent & don't think it's biblical. OK, new idea: How about you TAKE UP not blogging??? (I'll find the right angle eventually!!! )
Old 03-08-2010, 08:01 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
O, well I've always said I know nothing of Lent & don't think it's biblical. OK, new idea: How about you TAKE UP not blogging??? (I'll find the right angle eventually!!! )
The funny thing about Lent is that it sandwhiches the FIRST thing Jesus did with the LAST thing Jesus did, and most people seem to thing there is nothing in between. If I am not mistaken, The Temptation of Christ in the Wilderness was Christs penitential preparation for HIS MINISTRY...NOT His Death...whereas for Christians...its all about preparing oneself for PassionTide...which is part of Lent...but didnt follow Chronologically in terms of Christs life...he didnt jump right from Temptation, to Ressurection.

Does that make sense...
Old 03-08-2010, 09:27 PM
Allons-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
The funny thing about Lent is that it sandwhiches the FIRST thing Jesus did with the LAST thing Jesus did, and most people seem to thing there is nothing in between. If I am not mistaken, The Temptation of Christ in the Wilderness was Christs penitential preparation for HIS MINISTRY...NOT His Death...whereas for Christians...its all about preparing oneself for PassionTide...which is part of Lent...but didnt follow Chronologically in terms of Christs life...he didnt jump right from Temptation, to Ressurection.

Does that make sense...
Sorry, all I heard was "Blah, blah, blah, Jens is awesome." Did I miss something?
Old 03-09-2010, 07:53 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Sorry, all I heard was "Blah, blah, blah, Jens is awesome." Did I miss something?
on this one occasion Ben...I am actually trying to be serious...if you watched the videos you would understand I'm giving my spiritual testimonies
Old 03-15-2010, 05:03 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Smile

Begins at the 36 second mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGblD9uH6UQ

Here is the last edition of the Lenten Blog Project. It mentions the relevence of this Forum as part of the season i've called "American Dreams"

I hope you've enjoyed them.