Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 02-22-2010, 01:06 PM
ERStettin

Yep, Miller definetly won that game for them. I was watching it here in the Canadien Theater in Kandahar. My buddy and I were the only Americans in the whole place. When Zach put that last goal it (A GREAT goal by the way), the majority got up, cussing and stomping out.....lol. The Canucks love their hockey, but today it wasn't to be.

USA are the World Junior Champs after beating Canada for the title this year and now, hopefully they can take a Gold medal home from the Olympics in Canada. If they do that, the Canucks here are going to hear it from me. ;)
Old 02-22-2010, 01:47 PM
Silverback

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERStettin View Post
Yep, Miller definetly won that game for them. I was watching it here in the Canadien Theater in Kandahar. My buddy and I were the only Americans in the whole place. When Zach put that last goal it (A GREAT goal by the way), the majority got up, cussing and stomping out.....lol. The Canucks love their hockey, but today it wasn't to be.

USA are the World Junior Champs after beating Canada for the title this year and now, hopefully they can take a Gold medal home from the Olympics in Canada. If they do that, the Canucks here are going to hear it from me. ;)
I hope that happens, so you can rub it in, stay safe my friend...
Old 02-22-2010, 02:24 PM
rearnakedchoke

that was a great game .. obviously a little dissapointed, but i think we still have a chance against russia .. yes, we gotta get past the germans, but if we can't do that with ease, than we don't belong in the medal hunt ..

this is almost payback for us taking gold on US soil in 1992, but miller was amazing and the US deserved the win ...
Old 02-22-2010, 02:48 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERStettin View Post

Ryan Kesler scored the last goal not Zach Parise...the world juniors featured the us losing to canada and then beatiing them later in the gold medal game, the game was fantastic btw
Old 02-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Top 5 Goals of Sunday, including (but not limited to) that sick deflection off Crosby's stick to make it 4-3 & Ovenchkin leveling Jagr!

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/ass...nday+top+goals

Also, here's all 8 goals of the US/Canada game: http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/ass...ame+u+s+canada
Old 02-24-2010, 09:17 PM
Allons-y

USA defeats Switzerland 2-0 to make it to the Final 4. next comes Russia vs. Canada. WAR NORTH AMERICA!!!
Old 02-24-2010, 09:28 PM
Silverback

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
USA defeats Switzerland 2-0 to make it to the Final 4. next comes Russia vs. Canada. WAR NORTH AMERICA!!!
WAR USA
Old 02-25-2010, 02:22 AM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
beat the russians 7-3 ... didn't see that coming .... looks like we may get a can vs usa finals ...
Old 02-25-2010, 03:07 AM
Allons-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
beat the russians 7-3 ... didn't see that coming .... looks like we may get a can vs usa finals ...
I know, right? Let's make the top of the medal stand all North America, people!!!
Old 02-25-2010, 04:29 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
I know, right? Let's make the top of the medal stand all North America, people!!!
can't happen, a European team is at least guaranteed bronze