Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 02-22-2010, 02:57 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES??????

AMERICA BEATS CANADA IN HOCKEY!!!!!
Old 02-22-2010, 02:59 AM
Silverback

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I just seen it, and yes I do, Good Job Boys.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:02 AM
matthughesfan21

this is an upset for sure but compared to the real miracle on ice, this isn't even close...Canada struggled against the swiss and the us was given a shot in this tournament IF Miller stood on his head, which is exactly what he did today(42 saves on 45 shots and some huge saves) he outplayed one of the greatest goaltenders of all time....Canada isn't finished yet, they will be back in the medal round, but if Miller continues to play like this, the US shot at gold continues to improve
Old 02-22-2010, 03:17 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
actually i think i'm even happier about the US win over Canada then you are Ben....i made a thousand bucks on a bet where some knuckle head gave me 10 to 1 odds on a hundred dollar bet....but in the finals my money will be on Canada.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:26 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
this is an upset for sure but compared to the real miracle on ice, this isn't even close...Canada struggled against the swiss and the us was given a shot in this tournament IF Miller stood on his head, which is exactly what he did today(42 saves on 45 shots and some huge saves) he outplayed one of the greatest goaltenders of all time....Canada isn't finished yet, they will be back in the medal round, but if Miller continues to play like this, the US shot at gold continues to improve
O yeah, I know, but to beat Canada in Canada today was huge for us. It was one heck of a game, too, especially following that tight one between Russia & the Czech Republic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
actually i think i'm even happier about the US win over Canada then you are Ben....i made a thousand bucks on a bet where some knuckle head gave me 10 to 1 odds on a hundred dollar bet....but in the finals my money will be on Canada.
NICE! Congrats on the big win!
Old 02-22-2010, 03:45 AM
Silverback

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
Good now buy Mac a Birthday present
Old 02-22-2010, 05:33 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

I was down at US Airways Center tonight for the Suns/Kings game and when they announced that the USA had beaten Canada the whole stadium went crazy, it was awesome.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:47 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I was down at US Airways Center tonight for the Suns/Kings game and when they announced that the USA had beaten Canada the whole stadium went crazy, it was awesome.
they really care that much down there? you'd think if they did, they'd actually go support the hometown team a little more
Old 02-22-2010, 05:55 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
they really care that much down there? you'd think if they did, they'd actually go support the hometown team a little more
We might not have much "ice" here, but we are definitely still VERY proud Americans, don't get it twisted.

Phoenix is a very transient city. MOST people who live here are first generation or part-time residents. So, it's not just the Coyotes who suffer, it's all of the Phoenix sports teams. Nobody gave two craps about the Cardinals 4 years ago except for me and old snowbirds who were alive when they were the Chicago Cardinals. Now they are winning, and people are on board.

Of course, there are the die-hard fans of the Suns, D-Backs, Cardinals, and Coyotes, but for the most part many of the sports fans here in Arizona are fans of other teams. A lot of the people cheering probably didn't even care much about the Coyotes, but they are still Americans who like Hockey.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:23 PM
County Mike

It was an awesome game. Miller was fantastic. Getting the bye should help a lot. Very physical games and I'm sure the extra game-off will help the players feel stronger through the remaining games.

The Russia-Czech game was exciting as well.