Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 02-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
This is God you are talking about. Sometimes I dont think you think before you post.
Its not GOD in the dream that worries me...its the person who has the dream recalling it accurately and correctly. If you dont know what I mean, ask for clarity before making a WRONG assumption Mr Hughes
Old 02-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Hughes fanboy

Hmm...guess I'm in the minority here...or, AM the minority, encompass it even. I thought Donna meant prophesy through dreams, like Joseph. Speaking through dreams seems a bit far fetched as well. Dreams are so random, even when they are repetitive do they ever point us in a direction????

Not sure if we are just imagining things

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 02-22-2010, 02:30 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Hmm...guess I'm in the minority here...or, AM the minority, encompass it even. I thought Donna meant prophesy through dreams, like Joseph. Speaking through dreams seems a bit far fetched as well. Dreams are so random, even when they are repetitive do they ever point us in a direction????

Not sure if we are just imagining things
thats what I meant by unreliable. The source of that unreliability is not GOD communicating to us through dreams...but whether in this day and age we are really capable of hearing his communications properly.

Sin causes spiritual deafness, and people dont often remember their dreams, can we then be sure that anything we think is GOD in that, is accurate unless we have waking confirmation also?

Sorry for the waffle, but when I just posted that, people didnt seem to understand what I meant, so now I'll have to explain it wont I
Old 02-22-2010, 04:09 PM
Miss Foxy

DonnaMaria, I do believe that God does speak to us in our dreams. I know exactly what you mean of having dreams then waking up feeling comfort. I get that a lot if I am stressing out or having a lot going on I will often wake up feeling so different and can take on the world
Old 02-22-2010, 04:38 PM
rearnakedchoke

God spoke to people in dreams in the bible ... so I don't think he wouldn't come to us in dreams ...
Old 02-22-2010, 04:58 PM
surveyorshawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
God spoke to people in dreams in the bible ... so I don't think he wouldn't come to us in dreams ...
I'm not following your reasoning on that one. Keep in mind that the scripture says God never changes...
Old 02-22-2010, 05:47 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyorshawn View Post
I'm not following your reasoning on that one. Keep in mind that the scripture says God never changes...
You're just getting confused by the double-negative, Shawn, I think he's agreeing with you:

Quote:
so I don't think he wouldn't come to us in dreams
If my memories of middle school grammar serve me properly, we can cancel out the double negatives, meaning that his sentence could be written thus:
Quote:
so I do think he would come to us in dreams
So, to sum up: if I'm not confused, you & RNC are in agreement.

But then, I get confused a lot...
Old 02-22-2010, 05:51 PM
surveyorshawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
You're just getting confused by the double-negative, Shawn, I think he's agreeing with you:

If my memories of middle school grammar serve me properly, we can cancel out the double negatives, meaning that his sentence could be written thus:
So, to sum up: if I'm not confused, you & RNC are in agreement.

But then, I get confused a lot...
Maybe so, Ben. Being from the deep South, I ain't used to using no double negatives...
Old 02-22-2010, 06:14 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyorshawn View Post
Maybe so, Ben. Being from the deep South, I ain't used to using no double negatives...
Well, I'm guess you use 'em all the time, you just never pay attention to 'em!

That being said, I always like the Hebrew method of emphasis: rather than bold/italics/underline something, you repeat it. "Verily, verily, verily I say unto thee...", "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty...", etc. So I think that since us southerners add extra negatives into our sentences for emphasis, it doesn't mean we're less educated than the rest of the world, it just means we're closer to God. Can I get an AMEN!!
Old 02-22-2010, 06:39 PM
surveyorshawn

Halayluyah!