Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-17-2009, 02:35 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
But, what did you mean about the "steering" like in turning corners--this vs. motorcycle? I know how a bike banks on curves but you acted like it was quite different on this spyder.
The Spyder won't lean... at all. So when you enter a curve you're "pushing" it through... you just turn the handlebars in the direction of the curve and that's it.

On a motorcycle there is very, very little (if any) turning of the handlebars to take a corner. It's all about leaning the bike over. Obviously there are exceptions like low speeds and raked out choppers but for the most part turning is done by leaning you body/bike in the way you want to go. Going around corners on the spyder felt like taking a flat curve on a rollercoaster.

Taking a corner the right way on a motorcycle is seamless... it's nirvana on 2 wheels... you and the bike are one....

There is only 1 thing in this world I enjoy more then being on a motorcycle.... and I don't often wear a helmet to do that either.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:40 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
So that and motorcycles are legal to ride on the street, but not 4-wheelers. It's BS.
There may be... but I'm not sure. There was a company here in Florida that was importing quads and trying to push to get them street legal. They were called GG Quads and they looked pretty impressive. I signed up for their newsletter but haven't received one in quite a while. I'm not sure it the project is still around or not but they were pretty cool.

Here is a link to a test ride in 2006....

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/17/799...uick-Ride.aspx
Old 02-17-2009, 03:04 PM
Moose

Looks like a Hot Wheel.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:27 PM
Josh

They really should start allowing quads to be legal on the road. They would have to be lowered a lot. I know a lot of company's are working on it right now. My BIL is putting his 180 HP GSXR engine into his quad next week. That would be a blast on the street.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:32 PM
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Nah bro... I don't do the helmet thing.. maybe someday but not currently. Quads are a blast but that's the thing with these... the safety controls keep you from breaking the back end loose or having any fun at all.

You're on a Triumph right? I'm pondering a Rocket III for my next bike.
Yeah I ride a 675. I pulled up next to a Rocket III a while back. Those things are killer. Have you seen this video about them?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKEuzxC4eGc
Old 02-17-2009, 11:14 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
Yeah I ride a 675. I pulled up next to a Rocket III a while back. Those things are killer. Have you seen this video about them?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKEuzxC4eGc

Thanks Josh, that one was awesome!

I hadn't seen that one yet!!
Old 02-17-2009, 11:31 PM

That was pretty cool, Josh!

Did I hear them say something about "using a woman's brain"...I believe I did.

Now, which one of you guys wants to test how well it stops. No, not as the rider; the other guy, the one on the ground with his "treasures" at risk. I wonder how much he gets paid.

Seriously, though, that Rocket III looks really nice!
Old 02-17-2009, 11:50 PM
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
That was pretty cool, Josh!

Did I hear them say something about "using a woman's brain"...I believe I did.

Now, which one of you guys wants to test how well it stops. No, not as the rider; the other guy, the one on the ground with his "treasures" at risk. I wonder how much he gets paid.

Seriously, though, that Rocket III looks really nice!
They had to use a woman's brain. It's more exciting if you never know what it's going to do.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:08 AM
Tattoo Artist

Quote:
They really should start allowing quads to be legal on the road. They would have to be lowered a lot. I know a lot of company's are working on it right now. My BIL is putting his 180 HP GSXR engine into his quad next week. That would be a blast on the street.
I transplanted a Yamaha R6 engine into a Honda 300EX frame a while back. Talk about 4 wheel suicide!!!!! And 4 wheel sex!!! LOL!!!!!
Old 02-18-2009, 12:08 AM

Quote:
They had to use a woman's brain. It's more exciting if you never know what it's going to do.

Yeah, I believe they mentioned it allowed the bike to change directions quickly!