Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-20-2010, 12:03 PM
wpnsman2000

Default Obsessed Much?

"I want to fight Brock Lesnar. I hate who he is as a person."

"I want to break his neck in the ring. I want him to be the first person that dies to Octagon-related injuries."

--Frank Mir on WXDX radio with Mark Madden

What the hell is this guys damage, I honestly think Brock beating him like a red headed step child screwed up his brain.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:55 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpnsman2000 View Post

"I want to break his neck in the ring. I want him to be the first person that dies to Octagon-related injuries."

What the hell is this guys damage, I honestly think Brock beating him like a red headed step child screwed up his brain.
I think a lot of this is just hype. He's doing his best to build interest in the rubber match so he can sell it to Dana better. That being said, I think Mir wants to believe himself to be this unrivaled God in the UFC HW division, & the only thing stopping him right now is Brock. Brock scares him & he watns to get rid of him ASAP so that he can't be haunted by the raping he recieved at UFC 100 anymore.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:42 PM

I like Frank. But I think that statement is a little extreme.

I just can't figure the guy out, he has both great fights and embarrassing losses. I guess he is the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde of the UFC.

Your post sounds like a good analysis of what he's trying to accomplish, Ben. But I'm also beginning to wonder if he's had too many punches to the head!

Old 02-21-2010, 01:19 AM
wpnsman2000

I know a lot of people don't care for Brock Lesnar for various reasons; I'm not one of them. I truly think Frank Mir is so full of himself, and God only knows why. I'm sure it was a huge blow to his ego to lose to Brock "a novice" in MMA and him "Mir" a solid veteran. The whole thing boils down to the fact most of us knew Brock was going to beat the tar out of him the first fight had it not been for an unnecessary restart by Steve Mazzagatti. Brock told Mir what he was going to do to him and he backed it up. Mir's ego couldn't handle the fact that he had been undone by a "green horn" so to speak. I still believe even being in the great shape he is in Frank Mir cannot and will not ever get over the roadblock that is Brock Lesnar.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:02 AM
Silverback

Quote:
I know a lot of people don't care for Brock Lesnar for various reasons; I'm not one of them. I truly think Frank Mir is so full of himself, and God only knows why. I'm sure it was a huge blow to his ego to lose to Brock "a novice" in MMA and him "Mir" a solid veteran. The whole thing boils down to the fact most of us knew Brock was going to beat the tar out of him the first fight had it not been for an unnecessary restart by Steve Mazzagatti. Brock told Mir what he was going to do to him and he backed it up. Mir's ego couldn't handle the fact that he had been undone by a "green horn" so to speak. I still believe even being in the great shape he is in Frank Mir cannot and will not ever get over the roadblock that is Brock Lesnar.
You are so right, the first fight was a fluke, Brock stepped right into it, Brock I don't think will ever make that mistake again, I think if they meet again, the 2nd butt whipping will be far worst then the first.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:42 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Mir is starting to sound like he's got mental issue's!
Old 02-21-2010, 06:51 AM

Quote:
I guess you're right.

What can I say, for some reason he reminds me of my brother...
Old 02-21-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:

Is there a link to that somewhere?
Old 02-21-2010, 12:34 PM
wpnsman2000

I found it on bloodyelbow 2 days ago...
Old 02-21-2010, 12:47 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:

He should know better then to say things like that....he suffered bad injuries in a motorbike accident...you should never wish harm like death on anyone...and having been in a situation where he could have been killed...he disgusts me