Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 02-21-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
You are exactly right, although I do think the standard is set even higher for elected officials because of their position of power. This is not the Politics section, but I will bring it up anyway because it goes to my point....

Every time Liberal/Democrats blew off the severity of what Bill Clinton did during the whole Monica Lewinsky scandal, they forgot how important the role of President is to our country. We can't have our president getting freaky with one of their interns every time they get horny. It's as if some people forget about a little thing called "blackmail". Then, to top it all off, he friggin lied about it to the entire country on TV.

Obviously, Tiger Woods is not an elected official, and he has virtually no impact on all of our day to day lives. However, in the world of Golf, he is pretty much the king, and it's that reason, along with our rabid fascination for celebrity gossip, that makes this such a media frenzy.
The unfortunate thing about that whole sordid mess with Clinton was a lot of the people pointing fingers at him had done the same thing. We saw just how effective blackmail works when Larry Flynt threatened to expose them for their hypocrisy.

What's amazing to me about Tiger's case is that with so many women involved, he wasn't exposed a lot sooner. The real kicker is he was outed by a woman he hadn't slept with.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:55 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
"Was that wrong? Should I not have done that? I tell ya, I gotta plead ignorance on this whole thing, because if anyone had said anything at all, when I first started here, that sort of thing was frowned upon..... "

Ahhhhh-hahahaha, I love George!!
Old 02-22-2010, 06:33 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
The unfortunate thing about that whole sordid mess with Clinton was a lot of the people pointing fingers at him had done the same thing. We saw just how effective blackmail works when Larry Flynt threatened to expose them for their hypocrisy.

What's amazing to me about Tiger's case is that with so many women involved, he wasn't exposed a lot sooner. The real kicker is he was outed by a woman he hadn't slept with.
I agree, I'm surprised this wasn't exposed sooner too.