Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 02-20-2010, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
In other sports news, Brett Favre is still not officially retired.

Seriously though, I'm so burnt out on the Woods subject it's ridiculous. Until he comes back to Golf and starts winning, nobody is going to focus on anything but all this drama.
Yeah, I think you nailed it. I did watch the whole thing (I'm crate-training our new puppy so I'm getting in lots of TV time ) and it made me a little uncomfortable. It just went on far too long.

What I found to be even worse was the "press conference" with one of his bimbos immediately after. Apparently, she is a former pr0n star and she had the ambulance-chaser-to-the-stars (Gloria Allred) right by her side...looking ever so concerned about her "client". Ka-ching!!

Like JB said, the sooner he gets back to golf, the better for everyone. I think his advisors (or whoever counseled him to make this statement) missed the mark.

I'm not interested in his personal life and don't care to hear any of the details. Hopefully, no more will be forthcoming.

Old 02-20-2010, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post

He makes me sick and all those putanas he slept with coming out of the woodwork make me sick!
LOL! I am stealing that, it's so much better than ho, etc.

I feel for Elin and his mom too, Bonnie. His mom looked so sad and embarrassed.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:45 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Two other observations from Tiger's press conference...

1. He did not wear a single sponsor. Not that I expected him to, but I do think it should be noted.

2. One of the sponsors that dropped Tiger, "Accenture", is the sponsor of the current PGA tour match, and Tiger totally took the momentum away from their ratings today by airing his press conference at the same time. - translated as....PWNED
Old 02-20-2010, 11:53 AM
County Mike

Quote:
I agree with you Mike, but I will ask you, and the rest of the readers, this question...

Do you think Tiger owed it to his fans, sponsors, and his wife to give this public apology?
I don't think he owed us an apology. As for his sponsors... maybe. I didn't watch his apology speech so I don't know what he said. All I would have suggested he say is something like "I'm taking some time off from golf to work on personal issues. I'll let you know when I'm coming back."

As for the public - all they DESERVE to know about is his golf game. The rest is between Him, his wife and God.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Two other observations from Tiger's press conference...

1. He did not wear a single sponsor. Not that I expected him to, but I do think it should be noted.

2. One of the sponsors that dropped Tiger, "Accenture", is the sponsor of the current PGA tour match, and Tiger totally took the momentum away from their ratings today by airing his press conference at the same time. - translated as....PWNED
I think not wearing a sponsor was the right thing to do. I wondered why he made that comment about his golf peers understanding why he was giving his speech when and where he did. Makes sense now.

I'm not sure why he needed a written speech to say what he needed to say. That part of it was awkward I thought. But when he hugged his mom.....it was like watching a hurt child going to his mom for comfort.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:32 PM

Good catch, JB. I totally associate the swoosh with Tiger.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:02 PM

http://www.accenture.com/Landing_Pag...S|e|2597762087

I know what I'm thinking when reading this isn't what they mean....but really....when you think of Tiger....."adversity"....."risk management"...

The title, "Turning Adversity into Advantage" and that first paraghraph....Tiger needs them now more than ever!

They may have been a little short-sighted in dropping him.

Old 02-20-2010, 05:29 PM

I wasn't familiar with Accenture before this all happened. Yes, it's very ironic that the only corporation to drop him has a slogan tailor-made for Tiger's current situation!

I'm willing to bet they quietly resume their sponsorship after he begins golfing again.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I wasn't familiar with Accenture before this all happened. Yes, it's very ironic that the only corporation to drop him has a slogan tailor-made for Tiger's current situation!

I'm willing to bet they quietly resume their sponsorship after he begins golfing again.
I wanted to know what Accenture was so I looked them up and just happened to click on that site. When I saw the title and read that paragraph, I just thought, "Wow, the irony..."
Old 02-21-2010, 02:26 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I just caught a clip of it on tv. He seemed totally without emotion, not that I expected him to cry or anything.

He makes me sick and all those putanas he slept with coming out of the woodwork make me sick! If that don't beat all....they're upset at the married man they were sleeping with for cheating on them. They loved him....wah wah wah! PUHLEEEZE!!!

Elin is right, it's going to take more than words and it's going to take a long long time for her to trust him again, IF ever. I'm glad she wasn't up there "standing by his side". I feel for her and his mom.

Stupid man!

Or stupid women for fooling about with a married man...????

I could care less that he went out and played about.. sure didn't effect his golf game...

The whole thing is between him and his wife... everyone else can go take a flying leap...

The women were "ho's"... just as much as him... was he cheating on his golf game??? That's all that people should care about... If you hate Tiger cause he played about... then maybe you should consider why.