Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 02-19-2010, 08:13 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE View Post
Am I the only one that could care less?
The fact is, people do care, and as long they do, the media will cover it.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:26 PM
County Mike

If you could care less, then you must care a little.

As apposed to someone who "couldn't" care less.

I really think it's between him and his family. I only care about watching him golf. The rest of life is none of my business.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:28 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
If you could care less, then you must care a little.

As apposed to someone who "couldn't" care less.

I really think it's between him and his family. I only care about watching him golf. The rest of life is none of my business.
+1!!
Old 02-19-2010, 09:46 PM

I just caught a clip of it on tv. He seemed totally without emotion, not that I expected him to cry or anything.

He makes me sick and all those putanas he slept with coming out of the woodwork make me sick! If that don't beat all....they're upset at the married man they were sleeping with for cheating on them. They loved him....wah wah wah! PUHLEEEZE!!!

Elin is right, it's going to take more than words and it's going to take a long long time for her to trust him again, IF ever. I'm glad she wasn't up there "standing by his side". I feel for her and his mom.

Stupid man!
Old 02-19-2010, 09:46 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
I agree with you Mike, but I will ask you, and the rest of the readers, this question...

Do you think Tiger owed it to his fans, sponsors, and his wife to give this public apology?
Old 02-19-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:

I totally agree with you.

I restrained myself to just a few comments in my previous post.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I agree with you Mike, but I will ask you, and the rest of the readers, this question...

Do you think Tiger owed it to his fans, sponsors, and his wife to give this public apology?
I think his sponsors probably wanted him to come out and say something (a lot sooner than he has), but I don't think he owes his "fans" any apology. That belongs to his wife and family and should be a private matter. IMO

I couldn't fault Elin if she got a little something out of him being forced to go on tv and publicly admit what a louse he is.

Last edited by Bonnie; 02-19-2010 at 10:21 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:24 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I think his sponsors probably wanted him to come out and say something (a lot sooner than he has), but I don't think he owes his "fans" any apology. That belongs to his wife and family and should be a private matter. IMO
I agree that he waited too long to do this. The longer a person in the public-eye waits to address topics like this, the worse it gets. This is something Tiger should have done 2 months ago.

I gave it some good thought, and I do believe that he owed this to everyone. His fans are now put in a bad position against his detractors, his sponsors have paid him hundreds of millions of dollars, and his wife has had to deal with every TMZ-wannabe in the world since the curtain dropped on this circus.

I am not saying I think all the juicy details need to be dragged through the press, but given the magnitude of who Tiger is, and how many women we are talking about, I do think this was in order.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I agree that he waited too long to do this. The longer a person in the public-eye waits to address topics like this, the worse it gets. This is something Tiger should have done 2 months ago.

I gave it some good thought, and I do believe that he owed this to everyone. His fans are now put in a bad position against his detractors, his sponsors have paid him hundreds of millions of dollars, and his wife has had to deal with every TMZ-wannabe in the world since the curtain dropped on this circus.

I am not saying I think all the juicy details need to be dragged through the press, but given the magnitude of who Tiger is, and how many women we are talking about, I do think this was in order.
Well, I was saying what I personally think. As a practical matter regarding his image and his sponsors, yeah, I agree he should have come out sooner and made a "statement". But, I don't need 24/7 of every move he's making or whether he's wearing his wedding ring or out jogging dressed head to toe in his sponsor, Nike.

The rest is their private business. I just really feel for the wives who are forced to endure the humiliating public fallout, and indignity of either standing next to the jerks during their "I'm sorry..." speech, or being publicly hounded, like Elin, due to no fault of their own.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:59 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Well, I was saying what I personally think. As a practical matter regarding his image and his sponsors, yeah, I agree he should have come out sooner and made a "statement". But, I don't need 24/7 of every move he's making or whether he's wearing his wedding ring or out jogging dressed head to toe in his sponsor, Nike.

The rest is their private business. I just really feel for the wives who are forced to endure the humiliating public fallout, and indignity of either standing next to the jerks during their "I'm sorry..." speech, or being publicly hounded, like Elin, due to no fault of their own.
I don't disagree with a single thing you said here Bonnie.

I guess my point is just that given who he is, and what has happened, he did kinda owe it to everybody to at least address the media. Now, I'm not saying that what he said fixed anything, I'm just saying he needed to do it.