Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 02-19-2010, 02:00 AM
Administrator

Default BLOG: Training

From Matt's blog:

Quote:
I'm driving home from the gym as we speak, had another good practice. Right now, I'm hitting 2-a-days and will start my morning running here in a bit.

Last week, I went to Jeremy's and worked with him and Pena and I really feel like I picked up a lot. Not only on the stand up side, but on the ground as well. One thing I'm not bashful about is recognizing that you can go to another place and learn something. Some people feel that their gym knows everything and I just don't see it that way. I'll probably go out to Jeremy's three more times before this fight. I've already talked with him and he's going out to corner me as well.

The HIT Squad's doing well and this week I've had some great practice. I'm lifting weights and getting my cardio in at the gym and I can tell a difference when I get in front of a mirror. I've always been lucky in that after I worked out, it doesn't take me long to see the results.

I do apologize about the late blog, but with a 6-week-old baby at the house and me training for a fight, I've been busy. By the way, Katelyn is doing well, she's on a set schedule and it's working out great.

One thing I did want to comment about was the Trigg/Serra fight. The fight went like I thought it would if they were going to stay on their feet. I don't know why Frank would have done that. I always viewed Frank as a dangerous fighter when he gets on top of somebody. There is no doubt that Frank has a suspect jaw, so why would he stand and trade with somebody that throws like Matt Serra does? I would have liked to have seen Frank take him down and seen what would have happened there.

This weekend is the fight in Australia and HIT Squad's own Brian Foster is matched up with Chris Lytle on the card. Good luck to Brian, I think it's a great match up. As long as Brian keeps his hands up and keeps it a fight, not a boxing match, I think he'll be fine. I didn't go out to the fight, I wanted to stay home and concentrate on training. But like I said, training is going good. My body is definitely on the road for the fight in April.

Here is the Bible verse for the week:
Quote:
For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men. (1 Peter 2:15)
-matt

PS - Happy Belated Birthday, Boomer! Also, Mac's birthday is coming up on the 22nd, so Happy Birthday, Mac!
Old 02-19-2010, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
From Matt's blog:
Great to hear everything (family and training) are going great, Matt. Wish you all the best in your preparations and glad the family is healthy.
Mark

[
Old 02-19-2010, 02:37 AM
Stump Rules!

Pictures in just your shorts or I call shenanigans!

The HIT Squad's doing well and this week I've had some great practice. I'm lifting weights and getting my cardio in at the gym and I can tell a difference when I get in front of a mirror. I've always been lucky in that after I worked out, it doesn't take me long to see the results.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-19-2010, 02:57 AM
Mac

Hey Thanks!
Old 02-19-2010, 03:01 AM
Silverback

I wish you the best on every front,(family, fight, and life itself) Best of luck and good fortune!!!
Old 02-19-2010, 03:26 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
Pictures in just your shorts or I call shenanigans!
Man ... surprised you included "shorts" in that. Thats good for you. You feel'n ok?

Great to hear from yea Matt!! Glad to hear all is good with training and the family.
Boomer is fricking HOT!!!!!
Old 02-19-2010, 03:34 AM
Stump Rules!

No not really. Got me down don't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Man ... surprised you included "shorts" in that. Thats good for you. You feel'n ok?

Great to hear from yea Matt!! Glad to hear all is good with training and the family.

Old 02-19-2010, 03:38 AM
Super Moderator

You got me worried ... michelle . Go to the doctor and get your dirty mind back ... this clam person is no fun.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:50 AM
Stump Rules!

Trust me...I'm working on it. I don't like it either Now back to the subject...Matt Hughes...training....shorts no shirt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
You got me worried ... michelle . Go to the doctor and get your dirty mind back ... this clam person is no fun.

Old 02-19-2010, 03:56 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
Trust me...I'm working on it. I don't like it either Now back to the subject...Matt Hughes...training....shorts no shirt!
How about one from UFC 98 training to hold you over

Last edited by Boomer; 02-19-2010 at 04:15 AM.