Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 02-18-2010, 07:07 PM
annamal

Default Does anyone understand this?

2 Thessalonians ch. 2

9The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders, 10and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

Ok I understand that satan will try to deceive with miracles to lead people astray, but how are we supposed to know the difference. And in verse 11 and 12 why would God send a delusion so they will believe a lie and be condemned? Wouldn't He want to uncover the delusion so they will know the truth?
Old 02-18-2010, 09:50 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

he is separating the grain from the chaff...thats what he's doing

Anyone who can be deluded to stray from GOD are not saved in the first place, they dont know him, they dont love him...thats how come they can be deluded...also...you have to understand that GOD doesnt personally send the Anti-Christ...what he does is allow Lucifer his moment of fame on the earth to proove at Judgement, that some people never knew or loved him...by saying what I've said above....you wouldnt have fallen for a lie, if you knew the truth. I let a lie happen, and you fell for it. You dont belong to me. You dont Love me, I do not know you.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:11 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post

Anyone who can be deluded to stray from GOD are not saved in the first place, they dont know him, they dont love him...thats how come they can be deluded...also...you have to understand that GOD doesnt personally send the Anti-Christ...what he does is allow Lucifer his moment of fame on the earth to proove at Judgement, that some people never knew or loved him...by saying what I've said above....you wouldnt have fallen for a lie, if you knew the truth. I let a lie happen, and you fell for it. You dont belong to me. You dont Love me, I do not know you.
well said .

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 02-19-2010, 02:25 AM
annamal

Quote:

OK I get it, thanks.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:23 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
well said .
thanks
Old 02-19-2010, 05:23 PM
Chris F

It is very much as Dave said. But in other similar verse we know that lie will look almost like truth so it will deceive many and as Jesus said only a remnant will be saved. Every generation has had a lie from Satan. Ours is this seeker sensitive purpose driven, emergent church garbage that says we should act like the world so we can save it. Many people think they still can be saved yet not act righteous. And that Hell is not a real place and God will welcome everyone.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Anyone who can be deluded to stray from GOD are not saved in the first place, .
Im not a once saved always saved believing guy.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:15 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Fear not Mark...noones perfect

Old 02-19-2010, 06:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
So are you 100% now, not just 51%? Anyways, it shouldn't make a difference, Dave's interpretation is pretty accurate.

In Matthew 24:3, the disciples asked Jesus privately, "Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and the end of the age?"

Jesus' very first words in response to this question were, "Take heed that no one deceives you." (24:4)

So deception is the greatest danger that any believer faces and knowledge of the Bible is the only way to prevent that deception.

So I think this lie that GOD allows will be very attractive and seem like a very good and holy thing, but it will be blatantly obvious that it is a lie to anyone with a basic knowledge of Scripture.

However, if there was no danger of believers being deceived, then Jesus would have had no need to issue a warning. So this is going to be something that people WANT to believe.

Of course, this begs the question of why? Why would GOD deliberately allow a lie to spread that pulls people away from Him?

I think it will be the final test of mankind. It will completely separate those who follow the Truth of GOD's Word, no matter how much pain and suffering it brings them, and those who just follow whatever seems right in their own eyes and/or whatever justifies their preferred lifestyle choices.

In other words, it will separate those who seek holiness from those who seek tolerance.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:05 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Who cares if we are not perfect. At least we are forgiven and right