Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 02-17-2009, 12:02 AM
Chuck

Default Kimo Arrested for Meth....

Cops: UFC Legend Has Finally Meth His Match
Posted Feb 16th 2009 7:17PM by TMZ Staff

He's kicked the crap out of all sorts of UFC fighters, but now Kimo Leopoldo is battling a serious drug charge.

TMZ has learned the famously tatted MMA badboy was arrested by Tustin police Monday afternoon after they spotted the 6'3", 235 lb fighter wearing a Long Beach Police Dept. jumpsuit, complete with patches and a cloth badge -- a badge only cops are allowed to wear. The officers -- the real officers -- then searched Kimo's ride, where they claim to have found "a small amount of what is believed to be meth."

Kimo, who famously lost to Royce Gracie in UFC 3, was charged with possession of a controlled substance and is still in police custody. Cops say there will also be an investigation into where the 41-year-old got his hands on the LBPD gear.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:15 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

I thought you had a typo on "Kimbo", lol
Old 02-17-2009, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
I thought you had a typo on "Kimbo", lol
Me too!

That meth is nasty business from what I've seen and heard on some of the reality/documentary shows on tv. They say you just have to use it one time and it changes something (chemical make-up) in your brain and you're hooked.

I've tried to watch that show, "Intervention", but I can't take it. They show teachers, nurses, housewives and others, etc... (people you wouldn't expect to be using) on that show. People that had real good jobs and lives and for some dumb-ass reason they tried Meth and now their whole lives are down the toilet.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:50 AM
Stump Rules!

I'll say prayers for him. And something tells me he bailed out of jail pretty quick

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-17-2009, 03:03 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
Me too!

That meth is nasty business from what I've seen and heard on some of the reality/documentary shows on tv. They say you just have to use it one time and it changes something (chemical make-up) in your brain and you're hooked.

I've tried to watch that show, "Intervention", but I can't take it. They show teachers, nurses, housewives and others, etc... (people you wouldn't expect to be using) on that show. People that had real good jobs and lives and for some dumb-ass reason they tried Meth and now their whole lives are down the toilet.
Yeah, that's what they say. I did it for a few months and just felt like crap when the withdrawals come. It was easy to quit, that stuff sucks.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:08 AM
Stump Rules!

Well thank God you were able to.

Quote:
Yeah, that's what they say. I did it for a few months and just felt like crap when the withdrawals come. It was easy to quit, that stuff sucks.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:14 AM
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
Well thank God you were able to.
Washington state is literally the Meth capital of the world. It came from here and you would not believe what it does to people. It releases a huge amount of Endorphins in your body. It takes people over. After people are on it for a while you honestly can not even recognize them. Edit: I don't know why I quoted you there.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:16 AM
Stump Rules!

I know. Ive seen it up close and in person. It's horrific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
Washington state is literally the Meth capital of the world. It came from here and you would not believe what it does to people. After people are on it for a while you honestly can not even recognize them. Edit: I don't know why I quoted you there.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:26 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
Washington state is literally the Meth capital of the world. It came from here and you would not believe what it does to people. It releases a huge amount of Endorphins in your body. It takes people over. After people are on it for a while you honestly can not even recognize them. Edit: I don't know why I quoted you there.
AMEN to that Josh. I remember when I was an EMT up there we saw sooo many meth heads... it was horrible.

Last edited by Chuck; 02-17-2009 at 03:34 AM.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Good for you!