Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-17-2010, 11:45 PM
Mac

Default 36 vintage Vettes , Left rotting away .

I read about this story about 4 or so years ago, actually found the original back then on dc vettes. This is a crying shame . Im not much of a vette guy unless its pre 68 , anything after that im just not a fan . But still , Its a corvette. I understand the whole artistic thing but this is just a shame.

Here is a link to a short back history on the story and where the cars are now.
http://jalopnik.com/5472253/peter-ma...the-full-story
Old 02-18-2010, 12:00 AM
Mac

Here is a link to the original thread i read back in 05. It shows pictures of them when they were still in the bottom of the brooklyn apartment building .

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...&postid=409831
Old 02-18-2010, 12:45 AM
Oddtodd76

they need my love.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:00 AM
jason2130

this guy and the man that owns the land near my dad must be friends when it comes to wasting classic cars..

my dad bought 40 acres that was land locked, he purchased a ride away off a man on the neighboring land, when they cleared the rideaway there where old cars all in the overgrown grass, he came out with a bull dozer and shoved them over back on his land and refuses to sell any of them there are prolly 50+ cars ranging from 50s-early 70s, my dad is a car nut and he was going crazy when he looked around and seen a super bee with a tree growing through the passenger seat, a couple chevelles, 4 roadrunners and one really old looking hurse, most i cant identify they almost all resemble a muscle cars a couple where converatble that the top rotted out of

ive tried a ton of times to get him to part with anything, my dad talked to him many times, others we know talked to him a ton, all are complete cars that worked fine when he parked them, now being swolled by overgrowth and rust
Old 02-18-2010, 02:24 AM
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason2130 View Post
this guy and the man that owns the land near my dad must be friends when it comes to wasting classic cars..

my dad bought 40 acres that was land locked, he purchased a ride away off a man on the neighboring land, when they cleared the rideaway there where old cars all in the overgrown grass, he came out with a bull dozer and shoved them over back on his land and refuses to sell any of them there are prolly 50+ cars ranging from 50s-early 70s, my dad is a car nut and he was going crazy when he looked around and seen a super bee with a tree growing through the passenger seat, a couple chevelles, 4 roadrunners and one really old looking hurse, most i cant identify they almost all resemble a muscle cars a couple where converatble that the top rotted out of

ive tried a ton of times to get him to part with anything, my dad talked to him many times, others we know talked to him a ton, all are complete cars that worked fine when he parked them, now being swolled by overgrowth and rust

Man id love to see pics if it all possible.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:04 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

That's crazy that somebody would let those go like that.

My stepdad collects and restores lots of cars and he has 4 Corvettes, a 58 hardtop convertible, 63 hardtop convertible, 2002 ZO6, and a ZR1 that is either a 93 or 94.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:31 AM
jason2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Man id love to see pics if it all possible.
im actually a step ahead for a change, called my dad after i posted that, he has 2 rolls of pictures he took when they where putting the rideaway in, the pvergrowth was shorter and he went arount and took pics of the cars and some of their engines when you could actually get to them

he reminded me of the pics he had of them moving a chevelle (he said it was a SS, i didnt think it was gotta wait for the pics) and they just took the bulldover and tried to scoop it up to move it, instead all they did was flip it upside down and after 30minutes of trying to flip it back over with the bulldozer the front end fell off so the scooped it up and sat it on the roof of it, he said he has 4 pics 1. of it at first, 2. while they try to move it, 3. upside down and beat to crap, 4. with the front end on top of it

soons he finds them he gonna mailem and il start scannin and posting some (maybe send them to someones email if they wanna see all of them, not sure how ya feel about a ton of pics being posted at once)
Old 02-18-2010, 11:30 AM
Primadawn

Wow. I'd sell a kidney for that '59. (AFTER it was lovingly restored, of course).