Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-17-2010, 02:11 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Apparently Bisping thinks Wand should be scared...

This is just laughable. Funny bits in bold, my "cuttingly witty" retorts in red :

Quote:
Making adjustments and realizing mistakes can be the difference between a champion and a challenger. - ...but not in this case!

Following a devastating loss to Dan Henderson in July last year, Michael Bisping realized that he had to make a few changes. Now as he gets ready for his UFC 110 co-main event showdown against Wanderlei Silva, he feels as ready as ever for a fight against the legendary Brazilian striker.- Translation: Might as well get it out of the way now.

Heading down to Australia two weeks prior to the fight, Bisping feels like he's done everything right to step into the cage and defeat Silva this weekend. Breaking down the fight, the British born brawler sees a somewhat similar style between Silva and Chris Leben, a fighter Bisping has already defeated. - Say what?

"I think in terms of an opponent, I do see a lot of similarities," Bisping told MMAWeekly Radio about Silva and Leben. "I'm sure there's going to be a lot of haters out there on the Internet laughing saying Wanderlei isn't Leben, and he's not. Wanderlei's a fantastic fighter and I do have a lot of respect for him, but in some respects they are very similar fighters. - O, well at least he can grasp the obvious...I think.

"They both throw looping punches, they're both aggressive, and they both come forward. I think they are pretty similar in that respect. Both with great chins and very experienced. Wanderlei, I think he's a little faster obviously, more aggressive, and probably a little more effective in what he does there. He's definitely going to provide some tough challenges." - He's clearly mastered understatement.

Realizing how dangerous Silva can be when attacking, Bisping says he's paid special attention to his defense heading into the fight, and believes that he can learn from past mistakes.

"I've been working a lot of my defense, obviously since the Dan Henderson fight," he commented. "I had no choice. I got knocked out there, and I'm not in a rush for that to happen again. I've been working on my defense, and I've got no qualms standing with Wanderlei." - Do these seems like conflicting statements to anyone else?

While paying attention to what Silva can do has to be something Bisping pays attention to, he says that the Brazilian has plenty to worry about with what he brings to the table as well.

"I've got a lot of things that he should worry about as well," said Bisping. "Contrary to popular belief, I do hit hard, I do kick hard. I've got good strikes, good takedowns and good submissions. I'm strong in the clinch, and I've got a lot of experience, and I know how to win a fight. I definitely bring some problems for him to worry about." - Yeah, you have Dana feed you cans & then bribe the judges just in case. How is it you think that Wand managed to draw your name?

When asked if he thinks the fight could be a quick knockout or a 15-minute war, Bisping is hesitant to pick one way or another for the way the fight will end, but he's pretty sure which way Wanderlei wants this one to go.

"The hardest part about this fight's going to be the opening bell. Wanderlei's going to come out, and he's going to try to push me. I think he's going to try to do what he did to Keith Jardine," Bisping stated. "I'm prepared for that. I haven't put in all the work, I've busted my ass since the New Year, just to get taken out in a minute. Weather the early storm, and then it's my turn to do it to him." - Seriously, only since New Years? You've only been training to fight the Axe Murderer for the last 44 days, that's it??

The strategy is in place and Bisping knows what to do, but he also understands that the best game plan gets thrown right out the window if you don't follow it to perfection.

"The game plan is pretty simple. Obviously carrying it out and executing it are two different things," he stated. - No, those are actually identical things. I think you meant creating it & executing it are two different things.

Bisping finished up his camp in Australia alongside former light heavyweight champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, and will step in to face Wanderlei Silva this weekend at UFC 110.

Last edited by VCURamFan; 02-17-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:35 PM
County Mike

Good remarks. The red parts made me laugh.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:42 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Good remarks. The red parts made me laugh.
Haha, thanks, I did my best.

As a bonus, here's a few links pics from the open workout (MMAWeekly doesn't let you steal their pics ):

George Snuffleupagus (sp?) is a sinister fellow: http://photos.mmaweekly.com/gallery....3&box=&shownew=

Wand doing the running man: http://photos.mmaweekly.com/gallery....6&box=&shownew=

Bisping working hard: http://photos.mmaweekly.com/gallery....4&box=&shownew=
Old 02-17-2010, 03:01 PM
Buc Nasty

Old 02-17-2010, 08:19 PM

I could really have fun photoshopping that last link. Great commentary, loved it!

I would pay DOUBLE for this fight, I can't wait to see Bisping get his mouth shut once more. He just doesn't know when to zip it.

Some good advice for Michael:

http://yfrog.com/0bstfufzj
Old 02-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Shane Lee 2

Default Dumm-A

I believe he said, " I have practiced the rudementary skill of not circling into my opponents power and I think I am beginning to grasp it. Oh but wait don't things circle in different directions down under. OMG!!! I'm sooo confused now!" They may have edited that part out.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:25 PM

To be honest when watching some of the interviews Bisping seems to have toned down a lot of his cockiness.

I think he has been alright, i don't see much wrong in what he has said.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:56 PM
surveyorshawn

He doesn't have anything to worry about. If they will bring back Elvis just because they have an event in Australia, Bisping will have a fight every time they have one in the UK, even after Wandy knocks him into another seizure
Old 02-17-2010, 11:47 PM
atomdanger

Wow only 40 days or so to fight Wandy.
I would have taken this fight a LOT more seriously than that.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:26 AM
Krupp

Honestly, I don't know why, but I"m very nervous about this fight. I can't stand to see Wand lose anymore. I especially don't want to see him get owned by bisping. I jsut want him to beat this guy like he did with Jardine. Kang showed that Bisping can still be hurt pretty badly, and quite honestly, Kang should've finished Bisping in that fight. Wanderlei's got better cardio, and that's the only assurance I've got about this whole thing...

I shouldn't be worried about this, should I? But I am anyways.