Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 02-15-2010, 06:09 AM
Shane Lee 2

Default Special Olympic Athlete Letter to Matt

The following is a letter from Michael Todd of the special Olympic powerlifting team in Mobile, AL. He gave this letter to my Bro-N-Law and he sent it to me so I could pass it on to Matt. Matt has this letter by e-mail. ( I could not upload the PDF to the site so I typed it just as the letter was written)

“I have a birthday coming up in March 21. And I want know I get one of those UFC T-shirt My size is 2x and xl
My two favorite ufc fighter is Mike Huge and Ice Man – Chuck
I watch UFC everytime on tv
I dream to be a UFC fighter”

At the time I sent the e-mail and letter Matt was more than likely warming up with Robbie for his fight with Melvin. Right before the fights I received an e-mail that from Matt’s blackberry that said, “I don't have a ufc shirt. I have my own so just tell me what u want to do.” I suggested just sending one of his shirts and an autograph. He said he just needed an address.

I am not much of a nut hugger but I believe that credit should be given when it is due. Although Matt has a new baby, was helping Robbie, is training himself, and helping his team he still took time out of his busy schedule to show this young athlete he cares and appreciates him. He not only took time to send it once, it came back (I guess some anonymous guy gave him a bad address lol), and he sent it again. This makes me proud to call Matt a friend.

The package arrived at my in-laws yesterday. Once it has been presented to the young man, I will hopefully have some pictures to share.

I think we can all appreciate this story and gain something positive from it.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

That is exactly the guy I saw at Walter Reed hospital and at the Intrepid Center. He goes above and beyond and does it with a smile. He's a fantastic role model and I'm proud to know him as a human being, not just as a famous athlete.

~Amy
Old 02-15-2010, 11:21 AM
Silverback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Lee 2 View Post
The following is a letter from Michael Todd of the special Olympic powerlifting team in Mobile, AL. He gave this letter to my Bro-N-Law and he sent it to me so I could pass it on to Matt. Matt has this letter by e-mail. ( I could not upload the PDF to the site so I typed it just as the letter was written)

“I have a birthday coming up in March 21. And I want know I get one of those UFC T-shirt My size is 2x and xl
My two favorite ufc fighter is Mike Huge and Ice Man – Chuck
I watch UFC everytime on tv
I dream to be a UFC fighter”

At the time I sent the e-mail and letter Matt was more than likely warming up with Robbie for his fight with Melvin. Right before the fights I received an e-mail that from Matt’s blackberry that said, “I don't have a ufc shirt. I have my own so just tell me what u want to do.” I suggested just sending one of his shirts and an autograph. He said he just needed an address.

I am not much of a nut hugger but I believe that credit should be given when it is due. Although Matt has a new baby, was helping Robbie, is training himself, and helping his team he still took time out of his busy schedule to show this young athlete he cares and appreciates him. He not only took time to send it once, it came back (I guess some anonymous guy gave him a bad address lol), and he sent it again. This makes me proud to call Matt a friend.

The package arrived at my in-laws yesterday. Once it has been presented to the young man, I will hopefully have some pictures to share.

I think we can all appreciate this story and gain something positive from it.
Yes that is something one should appreciate, I guess it comes from being raised in the country, makes your day to hear what was done,
Old 02-15-2010, 01:11 PM

Very kind thing to do.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:50 PM
CAMPO

aweeee!! That is sooo dang sweet!
Old 02-15-2010, 07:24 PM
Administrator

dont everyone go thinkin im a good guy.... he just caught me on a good day.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:38 PM
Shane Lee 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt hughes View Post
You can say that again LOL
Old 02-15-2010, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Well I guess I could tell the story of how you and Fiore were arguing over the sammiches at Walter Reed if that would make you feel better.

~Amy
Old 02-15-2010, 07:46 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Don't worry, Matt, they never had me fooled for a second!
Old 02-16-2010, 03:51 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

very cool stuff!