Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 02-14-2010, 06:55 AM
annamal

Default Why do most christians worship on sunday?

In the bible it says the seventh day is the sabbath. On any callender the seventh day of the week is saturday. So why do most christians worship on sunday? Can man really change something that God has set forth? Does it really matter, as long as it is every six days, which day of the week it happens to fall on? I've heard three different reasons for this and I don't buy any of them. But really, does it really matter? I'm not trying to stir up a debate, this is something that I'm really struggling with. I'm looking for a church and the sabbath keeping church in my area is not a place that I am comfortable in. There are of course many many many sunday keeping churches to choose from.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:35 PM
Chris F

In the Book of acts the day of worship changed ot the Lord's day which is Sunday because that is the day he rose. Christians do not keep the traditional sabbath because Jesus is our sabbath not a day. We are simply commanded to give a tithe of our week if you will to him. Some may do that on Sunday others may not. Paul addresses this in depth in his epistles.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:11 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annamal View Post
In the bible it says the seventh day is the sabbath. On any callender the seventh day of the week is saturday. So why do most christians worship on sunday? Can man really change something that God has set forth? Does it really matter, as long as it is every six days, which day of the week it happens to fall on? I've heard three different reasons for this and I don't buy any of them. But really, does it really matter? I'm not trying to stir up a debate, this is something that I'm really struggling with. I'm looking for a church and the sabbath keeping church in my area is not a place that I am comfortable in. There are of course many many many sunday keeping churches to choose from.
True Christians Worship GOD every single day of the week, and talk to him many times a day

I myself always wake up singing a song, and I often spend hours in the afternoon alone in a chiller bagging up mouldy produce, and whilst I'm doing it (and as the room is soundproofed ) I sing to him then aswell.

I always pray on the hop on the way too and from the gym on an evening...its been a time of great revelation for me in the last month or so.

...and before you ask...He speaks back aswell, and he helps me, actively helps me...as in...the one day I ignored him this week, I NOTICED the difference...I mean REALLY noticed the difference..it was horribible I wont ignore him again...because life is better with him in it...as in, all the time...not as in just on a Sunday
Old 02-16-2010, 12:12 PM
annamal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
In the Book of acts the day of worship changed ot the Lord's day which is Sunday because that is the day he rose. Christians do not keep the traditional sabbath because Jesus is our sabbath not a day. We are simply commanded to give a tithe of our week if you will to him. Some may do that on Sunday others may not. Paul addresses this in depth in his epistles.
Ok, so I read the book of Acts last night. I couldn't find anything pertaining to the Sabbath being changed to Sunday. Could you please tell me where that is. It says that Jesus rose again on the third day but I thought thats because he was crucified and died on Friday and then rested over Saturday, to be risen up on Sunday. I wonder why he was