Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 02-14-2010, 06:10 AM
timmyja

Default Alice in Chains

They get a lot of neg. publicity due to former bandmate's drug use, but are there any fans in the forums? Just curious... I heard they were doing a tour this summer
Old 02-14-2010, 08:35 AM
Buzzard

Hell yeah. Was really into them back in the 90's. My old roommate was friends with the original bassist Mike Starr when he lived up in Seattle. I saw them at Lollapalooza in 93 out here in VA. Haven't listened to them much since Layne died. His vocals were excellent. Angry Chair would never have been written unless he went through what he did. I have their MTV Unplugged still on VHS. Time to dust it off again, thanks for reminding me.

Saw them on cable a few weeks ago with their new singer but didn't really listen that much as other stuff was going on.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:59 PM
Mac

yup , love alice in chains , they are a band that had such an awsome sound that is totally unique and like no other.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:08 PM
Stump Rules!

I watch Dr. Drew Celebrity Rehab does that count?

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-14-2010, 06:27 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

They are a great band, it's too bad Layne didn't make some better choices because he would still be rocking today.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:45 AM
Miss Foxy

Heck yeah I love Alice in Chains!!!
Old 02-15-2010, 07:02 PM
timmyja

Yeah, I concur. It's a shame what drugs can do, though. They definitely had a unique sound that could range from incredibly melodic to intensely heavy. I like their newer stuff as well, tho it definitely isn't the same knowing that Layne is gone. As for the Unplugged VHS, definitel dust it off! I'm going to try to find it on DVD.. Jerry Cantrell's solo stuff is good, too
Old 02-15-2010, 07:52 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyja View Post
Yeah, I concur. It's a shame what drugs can do, though. They definitely had a unique sound that could range from incredibly melodic to intensely heavy. I like their newer stuff as well, tho it definitely isn't the same knowing that Layne is gone. As for the Unplugged VHS, definitel dust it off! I'm going to try to find it on DVD.. Jerry Cantrell's solo stuff is good, too
If you can't find it on DVD, I can easily copy it to DVD for you. Heck, you're not far from where I live so getting it to you would be no problem.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:01 PM
timmyja

Are you from VA?
Old 02-15-2010, 08:32 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyja View Post
Are you from VA?
Yes. I sent you a PM.