Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-13-2010, 03:38 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Why do you watch it if you don't want to?
I worded it wrong, I like the olympics and will watch it when its on, but hockey is the only winter event(maybe snowboarding also)that I actually get excited for, the rest of it I just watch for something interesting at the time, but I could care less who wins or loses(root for the US of course, but if they dont win, i'm not losing sleep over it)
Old 02-13-2010, 03:44 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
I worded it wrong, I like the olympics and will watch it when its on, but hockey is the only winter event(maybe snowboarding also)that I actually get excited for, the rest of it I just watch for something interesting at the time, but I could care less who wins or loses(root for the US of course, but if they dont win, i'm not losing sleep over it)
Good. We need more American's to watch. So I don't feel guilty about not watching.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:33 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Hockey is great, but other than that I'm not big on the Winter Games.

Even with the Summer Games, the only ones I really follow are Boxing and Basketball.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:03 AM
Chuck

I thought the opening ceremonies were pretty lame. A few bright spots but mostly weak....
Old 02-13-2010, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Thanks, Flo! Btw, that's Texans. I love ya, Flo!

Aww, that's nice Ditto, Bonnie!
Old 02-13-2010, 01:50 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I thought the opening ceremonies were pretty lame. A few bright spots but mostly weak....
what did you expect ?....were in a recession up here you know!....we just dont have any extra money right now for any extravagances...just the necessities.
like the mens hockey team.we spent lots and lots of money on the mens hockey team....so good luck there boys.
who knows though....maybe next time we host the winter Olympics we will be in a better financial situation and be able then to put on a good show.
hope so...i just hate seeing you disappointed like that Chuck.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:21 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Hockey is great, but other than that I'm not big on the Winter Games.

Even with the Summer Games, the only ones I really follow are Boxing and Basketball.
I like the snowboarding also, mainly just the superpiper

I like the track and field for the summer games, the basketball is alright, but I don't get pumped up for it
Old 02-13-2010, 08:37 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
what did you expect ?....were in a recession up here you know!....we just dont have any extra money right now for any extravagances...just the necessities.
like the mens hockey team.we spent lots and lots of money on the mens hockey team....so good luck there boys.
who knows though....maybe next time we host the winter Olympics we will be in a better financial situation and be able then to put on a good show.
hope so...i just hate seeing you disappointed like that Chuck.
I'm not dissapointed in Canada bro... remember I'm from Seattle, I've been to Vancouver many, many times and absolutely love it!!

I thought some of the speeches were a little long and boring.. and for me the best part of any opening ceramony is watching the cauldron get lit so obviously that was a big let down. :-( Even IF all the kinks were worked out I just don't think it was very creative and I'm not a fan of having 4 flames but that's just me.

I HATE KD Lang but it does have a great voice. I found the song it sang a little repetitive but it sang it well.

I enjoyed seeing Orr & The Great One, Donald Southerland and the weird looking dude with the chin beard that gave the monologue.

The dude flying around touching the ground was pretty cool too...

I guess I'd give it a C+

But Canada gets an A-
Old 02-13-2010, 09:08 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I'm not dissapointed in Canada bro... remember I'm from Seattle, I've been to Vancouver many, many times and absolutely love it!!

I thought some of the speeches were a little long and boring.. and for me the best part of any opening ceramony is watching the cauldron get lit so obviously that was a big let down. :-( Even IF all the kinks were worked out I just don't think it was very creative and I'm not a fan of having 4 flames but that's just me.

I HATE KD Lang but it does have a great voice. I found the song it sang a little repetitive but it sang it well.

I enjoyed seeing Orr & The Great One, Donald Southerland and the weird looking dude with the chin beard that gave the monologue.

The dude flying around touching the ground was pretty cool too...

I guess I'd give it a C+

But Canada gets an A-
i'm not much of an "it" fan either but i thought he/she did a good job with the song.
as far as the rest of it go's i pretty much saw it like you did....i was just having some fun with you is all.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:10 PM
rearnakedchoke

i thought the ceremonies were quite good, but i may be biased ... LOL

i was hoping betty fox would light the torch, but wayne was okay ...