Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-12-2010, 03:17 AM
surveyorshawn

Default The Saints and the Snow Storm

I have never been much of a football fan (just MMA & jiu-jitsu), but if I was, due to my close proximity to New Orleans, I would have to be a Saints fan. It's kind of a requirement anyway if you want to survive very long around here. That being said, I must lay out the facts and let you guys come to your own conclusions and state your own opinions: Is it merely a coincidence that the Saints won the Superbowl this past Sunday after not coming close in their 44 year history AND that there is a massive snowstorm spreading across the entire Southeastern US expected to drop as much as 9 inches of snow,OR is it really just a cold day in Hades?? Hmmmmmm
Old 02-12-2010, 04:12 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

I don't know much about meteorology.

But I do know football, and if the Saints don't open their checkbook and pay Reggie Bush whatever he wants, they could have some angry fans this off-season.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:17 AM
surveyorshawn

Rumor has it that Brees will be about the only one left, because New Orleans doesn't want to pay what it will take to keep any of the rest of them
Old 02-12-2010, 04:41 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

That would be a huge mistake. If they don't keep Bush, there will be some seriously ticked off fans. I know I would be. Besides just being an unsung hero of that offense, that guy also sells a TON of jerseys. He is an important part of that chemistry and they need him.

I know the Saints came out and said they were gonna give Brees a big contract extension right before the Super Bowl. Which was basically a response to the Colts coming out and saying they would make Peyton Manning the highest paid player in football, but they can't break up that team right now.

Still, it's too early to tell just yet what everybody is going to do. The league may actually be heading into next year without a salary cap, and that could drastically change a lot of things.